Housing Support Manager
As Housing Support Manager, you will provide housing support and crisis intervention service to clients living in both sheltered schemes and Catalyst general needs housing.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
Our purpose at Catalyst is to provide ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have knowledge of housing management along with experience of working with older people and knowledge of community support services?
- Are you proactive and professional and able to demonstrate full commitment to exceptional customer care and service in all activities?
- Can you manage customer expectations and show empathy and respect for service users?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Housing Support Manager to join us on a 12-month Fixed Term basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Housing Support Manager you will:
- Manage the day to day running of all aspects of a high-quality extra care and sheltered housing service, dealing with emergencies, and overseeing the maintenance and security of the building.
- Work in partnership with service users, Carers, partners, service/care providers and anyone from the wider community that is involved with the sheltered scheme.
- Deliver a housing management service to help residents to maintain their tenancy, access housing services, use technology and signpost to other service providers.
- Support a caseload of Catalyst residents and manage customer expectations while ensuring that each interaction is a positive experience for the customer.
- Carry out regular building inspections and health & safety functions and identify when maintenance is required.
- Report concerns relating to safeguarding using organisational procedures.
- Bring a personable and pro-active approach to your role and work independently.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and will require a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 27 days paid annual leave up, to a maximum of 30 days
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 9% by us
- Flexible and agile working
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Housing Support Manager, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.