Senior Development Manager
This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home based.
Peabody are a leading housing association, with over 65,000 homes and 150 years of history of providing affordable homes for Londoners. Our focus is on building and maintaining the best quality developments, working with local communities and building long-term partnerships to create positive change.
Under our Development Strategy we will be building round 1,500 new homes a year. Our programme includes a mixture of Peabody-led schemes, joint ventures and S106 acquisitions.
We are looking for a Senior Development Manager to work a varied portfolio of challenging development projects. You will be responsible for managing the scheme from the pre-construction phase, through construction to completion.
- Proven project and development management skills and demonstrable track record of delivering large and complex schemes from planning submission stage to practical completion and defects, with a strong focus on design management
- Detailed understanding of the RIBA plan of work stages in a multidisciplinary environment, with an emphasis on post- planning expertise
- Self-motivated individual with a keen commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent numerical and commercial skills including knowledge and management of detailed cashflows
- Extensive experience of working in a development environment and delivering construction projects within agreed cost, quality and programme criteria
- Detailed understanding of standard forms of construction contract- e.g. JCT and relevant procurement regulations.
- Experience and understanding of Construction Management contracts desirable
- Experience of delivering Joint Venture projects desirable
- Demonstrable commercial acumen with a focus on value creation and management
- An established, wide network of contacts and connections within the housebuilding and contracting sectors
- Line management experience and track record of leading a team desirable
- Professional qualification such as RICS, MCIOB, APM, RIBA, ARB or equivalent
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.
Advertised: 17 Jun 2021 (9:00 AM) GMT Daylight Time
Closing date: 01 Jul 2021 (5:00 PM) GMT Daylight Time