Estate Services Gardener
We are looking for an experienced Gardener who can provide an effective, responsive and pro-active customer focused grounds maintenance service that is of a consistently high standard.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
Our purpose at Catalyst is to provide ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Can you provide an expert service in accordance to policies and guidelines?
- Do you have a keen eye for perfectionism and customer service skills?
- Can you carry out general horticultural maintenance duties using hand tools and mechanical horticultural appliances?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for an Estate Services Gardener to join us on a permanent basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as an Estate Services Gardener you will:
- Be physically able to carry out moderate to strenuous manual work.
- Provide excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with residents and colleagues.
- Have basic knowledge and understanding of health and safety regulations in relation to the environmental services as defined by the organisation.
- Hold a valid driving licence with category C1 or held a licence issued before 31/12/96 and ability to drive company vehicles as and when required.
- Hold PA1 & PA6a pesticide certificates – desirable.
- Be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Bring a personable, pro-active, professional approach and the ability to demonstrate full commitment to exceptional customer care and service in all activities.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role is subject to a Basic DBS check and will require a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 27 days paid annual leave up, to a maximum of 30 days
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 9% by us
- Flexible and agile working
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Estate Services Gardener, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.