Senior Development Manager
The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Development Manager to join our South West team, based in Bristol, or Exeter. This is a permanent, full time vacancy.
You’ll be joining a dynamic and motivated national team responsible for delivering a significant and diverse housing led programme.
Reporting to the Head of Development Delivery, you’ll be responsible for the successful delivery of a range of projects across the South West and will manage a team Project Delivery Managers and Development Officers.
Essential skills and experience:
- Proven experience of working within development or regeneration project teams delivering residential led projects.
- Proven customer service experience.
- Proven track record in project management and negotiation.
- Up to date practical knowledge of the construction and housing sectors, contract administration and procurement practices.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Good housing market and commercial knowledge.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good attention to detail and accurate recording for audit purposes.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to manage budgets and control expenditure.
- Knowledge/awareness of Health & Safety and Fire Safety legislation and policy.
- Technical awareness/aptitude and technical qualification (or willingness to work towards achieving one).
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Leadership and Management Standard.
- Level 6 in Architecture, Construction or Town Planning or hold membership of RICS, RIBA, RTPI or CIH.
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and ensure you meet the essential criteria.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol
- Development / regeneration Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol