Social Investment Manager
Are you an exceptional Social Investment Manager? Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward.
We describe this new approach as NWOW: New Ways of Working. NWOW is about meeting business outcomes, you’ll enjoy greater autonomy over how you deliver your role, how you manage outputs and when you spend time at work, allowing you to benefit from any productivity gains in the course of delivering your role.
This shift in culture will be built on a mature and mutual relationship of trust between managers and yourselves, ensuring we live up to one of our key values of Build Trust. By working with this new relationship model we can aim toward focusing on ‘outputs’ and not ‘outcomes’. Space is allocated to ‘activities’ and not ‘individuals’ by providing a range of flexible working options that benefit both customers and staff. As a result your work can takes place at the most effective location and at the most effective time. Put simply, flexibility becomes the norm rather than the exception. This is the new Origin Housing way of working.
Our vision for this role
We’re looking for a committed and motivated Building Asset Surveyor to work closely with the Assest Intelligence Team and support the Head of Asset Management in delivering a high-quality surveying service to our organisation. You'll be undertaking detailed asset condition surveys to We’re looking for a committed and motivated Building Asset Surveyor to work closely with the Assest Intelligence Team and support the Head of Asset Management in delivering a high-quality surveying service to our organisation. You'll be undertaking detailed asset condition surveys to inform long term investment decisions and build annual programmes of works. Especially with regard to post Grenfell issues and tall blocks.
You will play a key role in ensuring that the organisation collects and maintains accurate and comprehensive asset data in order to inform central government returns and long-term investment decisions. You will be expected to carry out condition and inspections to properties both internally and externally.
The majority of the works will be validation of the condition for component replacements such as kitchens and bathrooms, roofing and window renewals. You will be assessing what work needs to be done and then passing this information over to the Asset Intelligence Team through agreed process of data transfer. You will also be expected to carry out an external envelope assessment, recording of building height as per AD B2 and record percentage of the external building material through non-intrusive surveys.
Other duties will include asset checks, property maintenance assessment, planning and scheduling feedback, identifying Health and Safety Issues, pre/ post inspections, accurate logging of HHSRS Surveys and SAP updates, producing photographic images of all surveys, measuring spaces raising non-compliances and document control. The ability to travel is essential, coupled with excellent client facing communication skills.
What you’ll do
Take the lead
- Conducting asset condition surveys on social housing units, including internals, externals and street surveys
- Contacting residents to confirm appointments and accommodate around resident’s requirements where possible.
Give your time
- Working in accordance with changing legislations, as well as the organisations Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Identifying any HHSRS issues and hazards, taking appropriate action.
- Recording all information and data on paper or electronic handheld devices.
- Ensuring that surveys are planned that are based on strategic objectives, optimising the geographical location and reasonable sample has been acquired per block.
- Complete and update the required forms to complete with minimum datasets.
- Responsible for integrity of the collection of data that is collected and input in to the asset database.
- Ensuring that appropriate lessons learnt information is collated and communicated effectively to contractors and Managers to support continuous improvement of services
Bring people together
- Working flexibly as part of the wider Property Maintenance and Housing teams to provide an excellent service.
- Liaising with other teams (e.g. Development, Project management, Reactive Maintenance and Neighbourhoods).
- Liaise with repairs, neighbourhood managers, residents and contractors while carrying out site surveys to report any repairs that are required to the building including communal areas. Photos and description will need to be passed to the relevant teams in order for an effective repair to take place.
Come forward with a can-do attitude
- Responding to ad-hoc requests for surveys/inspections or advice in response to either staff or resident queries or complaints and preparing reports where required.
- Analyse performance figures and customer satisfaction surveys. Prepare and present KPI and any other data reports. Attend progress and panel meetings as and when needed
- What you’ll need
- Experience in managing property related stock data ideally within a social housing environment.
- Experience of carrying out condition, HHSRS and energy related surveys including taking measurements and drawing floor plans.
- Inputting / preparing accurate data for asset management database.
- Collation, analysis and effective use of stock condition information from a range of surveys on all property assets including occupied dwellings, void dwellings, commercial buildings, garages, communal areas and public spaces.
- Understanding of Landlord & Tenant matters and leaseholder consultation requirements.
- Building construction or surveying qualification. e.g. HND
- Must be IT literate, with the ability to use emails and navigate through folders and different shared drives. Must also be proficient in MS office application such as Excel and Word and ideally experience in using housing management systems such as Keystone, Orchard and Microsoft Dynamics.
- You must have knowledge of legislative and regulatory guidance includes but not exclusive to HHSRS, RDSAP, Energy Performance of Building, Housing Act 2004, Safeguarding, Decent Homes standard, Approved Doc B2.
- Ideally a member of RICS or be working towards their RICS accreditation
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you. We offer:
- Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
- Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
- An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
- A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend
- An Awards recognition scheme that champions individual achievement
- See our new benefits portal where you can select the options that suit your lifestyle.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role above. We have outlined the key behaviours and values we’ll expect of you, and the knowledge, experience and skills you need to do the job. You’ll be assessed on all these elements at various stages throughout the selection process. You can find out more about us by simply visiting www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford
- Asset management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford
- Surveying Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford