Service Charge Accountant
Service Charge Accountant
£40,876 - £44,863
Closing Date: 11/07/2021
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you're looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.
Please note that this role is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK
Are you an individual who is enthusiastic about service improvements to increase residents’ satisfaction and business effectiveness? If so why not join Milton Keynes Council as a Service Charge Accountant. You’ll be responsible for undertaking service charge calculations in accordance with legislation and organisational policy. You will help ensure service charge costs are fully recoverable from all residents required to pay service charges, including leaseholders and shared owners by preparing and completing accounts as assigned. You’ll also have a great opportunity to be able to develop and maintain good professional working relationships with all relevant internal and external customers, stakeholders and partners. Ensuring that all relevant financial controls are maintained and correct procedures followed, complying with current legislation and best practice.
- Responsibility for the accurate and timely calculation of leasehold & shared ownership rent and service charges including; preparing service charge statements (the annual Service charge estimate and actual data) and reconciling figures. This will include calculation of leaseholder management fees and ensuring that costs posted are accurate.
- Responsibility for the correct accounting for costs; ensuring costs, overheads and profit of the Housing Maintenance works contractor and other costs such as utilities are appropriately allocated.
- Lead on the audit of annual service charges and major works ensuring compliance with leases and current legislation.
- Manage, motivate and develop direct reports providing support to ensure that priorities are identified, objectives achieved and to enhance its overall level of performance and professional standards. Effectively manage resources within the team to ensure priorities are delivered.
- Provide comprehensive and accurate advice on all aspects of service charge calculations to Service Managers, Housing Managers and other staff to deliver an effective approach to service charges which will include reviewing, designing and implementing procedures.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Qualified accountant (CCAB) or in final year (with a commitment to finish) and evidence of appropriate CPD.
- Extensive experience of service charge accountancy, including setting service charge budgets.
- Experience of a budget planning cycle, ensuring compliance with governance processes and analysing and reporting on financial issues.
- Experience of managing and developing staff (including performance management). Ability to inspire and motivate a range of employees and generate a positive working environment.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills and ability to undertake complex financial modelling using a different data sets and systems (financial, case management etc.).
- Be able to explain complicated and technical information in a manner that can be understood by others with different levels of knowledge on the subject using multiple tools; written (preparation of presentations and report writing including cabinet papers), spreadsheets (financial modelling) and deliver presentations and training.
- Inquisitive and challenging with the ability to apply innovative and creative thinking to service challenges within a fast-paced environment.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Government and compliance Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Asset management Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Sales / Lettings Manager £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes