As a Project Worker you will play an active role in delivering our support service to young people. You’ll primarily be working with young people aged 16 to 25 in Hertfordshire, preparing to live independently once they leave the project.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
Our purpose at Catalyst is to provide ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have previous experience of working in a similar role or the passion and desire to work with vulnerable and complex young people?
- Do you have good IT skills and the ability to manage a complex caseload?
- Are you a strong communicator with excellent people skills?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Project Worker to join us on a permanent and part-time basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Project Worker you will:
- Work closely with your Senior Project Worker and a range of external agencies in engaging young people in their support programme and achieving their goals.
- Plan and deliver fun and meaningful activities for young people living at the project, whilst adhering to safeguarding and health and safety procedures.
- Keep the project clean and tidy and closely monitor rent accounts and follow the projects arrears procedure.
- Bring a discreet and sensitive approach with strong professional boundaries and be able to confidently deal with tense and difficult situations.
- Commit to working overnight and unsociable hours on a rota basis.
- Have an understanding of safeguarding and knowledge of the benefit system (not essential).
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 27 days paid annual leave up, to a maximum of 30 days
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 9% by us
- Flexible and agile working
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Project Worker, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.