New Business Manager
Guinness was founded in 1890, so we have been providing homes and services for nearly 130 years. We’re proud of our heritage, and excited about our future. What we’re here for hasn’t changed – to improve people’s lives and create possibilities for them. We’re committed to providing great homes and services to our customers across the country.
You will be joining the Development Team when planned growth includes the delivery of 1000-1500 homes per annum and a 2023 target of 5500 homes across all tenures. The team is dynamic, fast moving, agile and commercially focused in its approach to development.
We’re looking for experienced and talented development professionals, who share our vision and values, to join our team and help us deliver our exciting new build programme.
About the role
We now have an opportunity for a New Business Managers to join our Development team based in Milton Keynes. Reporting into the Head of New Business, you’ll identify and secure new development opportunities for rent, shared ownership and outright sale to help the business achieve its ambitious growth targets.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone passionate about development with a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done. The ideal candidates will have a strong track record of developing and delivering a wide range of new business opportunities. You’ll also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent social housing or speculative housing market knowledge and proven track record of acquiring land, property and new business opportunities.
- Current and practical knowledge of housing development / procurement, including relevant legislation and regulation.
- Proven experience of leading, managing and motivating teams.
- Knowledge and experience of budget and project management.
- Proven experience of project management and performance managing third parties.
- A sound understanding of funding models with the ability to provide credible feasibility analysis to leadership team.
- Understanding of the national regeneration and development agenda.
- Experience and understanding of social housing legislation and regulation including health and safety, risk management, and environmental and sustainability issues.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent relevant professional equivalent)
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and ensure you meet the essential criteria.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Corporate Services Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Communications / PR Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes