London Bridge (will consider other Hyde locations such as Lewisham, Stockwell, Chichester & Rochester) + 1 day per week at a London or Kent based college
2 Year Fixed Term Contract
Do you want to develop new skills, gain a qualification and build a career?
If you join us as an apprentice, you’ll help make a lasting difference to people’s lives at the heart of our teams. Working in one of our offices, you’ll learn key skills and begin an exciting career in housing with a supportive, fast-moving team that’s regenerating neighbourhoods and creating new communities. At the same time, we’ll fund your studies for a Level 4 qualification.
As a Surveyor Apprentice, you will learn how to assist with the specification, issue, supervision and monitoring of repairs, planned improvement and safer homes works related to building maintenance.
We’ll teach you how to:
- Undertake joint surveys and prepare schedules
- Routinely carry out inspections to check the quality of work
- Assist and issue warning / default notices
- Assist with production of reports
- Work collaboratively as part of a team
- Drivers licence or willingness to get within the first year
- GCSEs - grades A*-C, 9 - 4 in English and maths
- A minimum of 48 UCAS points
- Over 21 years of age
If you do not have the above UCAS/GCSE requirements but you have appropriate experience, specific knowledge or industry-based qualifications, your application will be considered on a case to case basis.
Applicants with BTEC ND/NC or degrees in other areas will be considered.
What perks can you look forward to?
- A competitive salary
- 26 days’ holiday
- Two paid volunteering days a year
- A pension
- A great benefit package including retail discounts, Gym discounts & Cycle2Work bike scheme
You can find more information about our apprenticeship schemes by visiting our careers webpage.
Closing date: 30th June 2021
Interviews: week commencing 26th July 2021
A basic DBS check will be carried out on the successful candidate