Associate Director Land + Planning
Associate Director Land and Planning
£68,750 - £89,450
Hyde is looking to recruit an Associate Director Land & Planning for Kent .
The Hyde Group is one of the UK’s largest owners and developers of affordable housing. As a social landlord our core aim is to provide homes for people who need them, and our social purpose is firmly at the heart of everything we do. To deliver more affordable homes we need to acquire more land.
The role of Associate Director Land & Planning is pivotal in enabling Hyde to achieve our dynamic growth plans. We want do-ers, proactive individuals who step forward in the face of challenges, inspire others and make it easy for them to take action. We want professional people, people who aspire to be part of a brilliantly run social business. We want ambitious people, those who see no limits to what we and our customers can achieve. Above all we are looking for someone who can deliver a great pipeline of land deals, to enable us to build more homes.
- Responsible for leading and managing a high performing team identifying and acquiring suitable development sites/land opportunities (with or without planning consent), ensuring that maximum contribution is achieved from all land investments.
- Promote sites through the planning system to obtain planning permission. Achieve annual targets for land with implementable planning permission to go into production. The role will concentrate on land that can be developed quickly -either immediately or within the next two to three years.
- Project manage multiple land purchases concurrently using commercial ability to effectively manage people, budgets and costs.
- Provide leadership to diverse project teams of in-house staff and external professional consultants. Lead a team to provide a high-quality product efficiently, safely and professionally within set budgets and agreed timescales, and delivering high standards of customer service.
- Acquisition of land on the most cost-effective basis and within defined areas. Both Brownfield and Greenfield sites , reflecting the Group's commitment to delivering both Urban Regeneration and Rural housing.
- Responsible for the management of land and property assets acquired for development but not yet in production.
- Close joint working with internal teams to support Hyde's strategic objectives and to achieve annual targets.
Hyde offers a blended approach to work. You will be required to work a minimum of 2 days a week in the office, a fantastic pension, life assurance , 30 days holiday, Car allowance, Bupa and Bonus and a 35-hour working week.