Project Manager - Fire Door Replacement Project
Are you a project manager who is able to oversee a programme of works? If so, you may be interested in our opening for a Project Manager (Fire Door Project) based at our office in Farringdon, London (and home working) on a full-time basis on a fixed term contract until March 2022.
You’ll be based at our modern, vibrant office in Farringdon, the buzzing yet cultural area of London which is centrally located and easy to access via various means of transport. However, we offer the flexibility for agile working to allow you to work from home and so we’ll provide you with the necessary mobile working equipment. The 35 hours per week will be worked Monday to Friday, 7 hours per day.
Working in the Planned Maintenance & Investment team you will be responsible for agreeing the programme of works, managing the installation process and ensuring our residents are kept informed of the progress of each scheme. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, with excellent project management skills, a knowledge of fire safety regulations, and with experience of working closely with residents, contractors and other departments in the Group.
There is an opportunity to include a cover letter with your application. Please use this opportunity to provide additional information on how you meet the criteria as set out in the person specification, and why you are the best candidate for this role.
What we need from you
- Committed to delivering great customer service
- Experience of resolving capital works issues – or similar
- Great at maintaining accurate records and producing reports
- Able to deliver against project SLAs and targets in a team
What we’ll offer you
- A salary of circa £40,000 per year, pro rata - depending on skills/experience
- 23 days holidays (plus public holidays) pro rata, and as we close between Christmas and New Year, we give you another 3 days!
- The chance to buy or sell additional leave
- £250 in vouchers as part of our colleague referral scheme
- Ongoing support for your wellbeing
- An inclusive environment where it’s OK to be you!
There’s never been a better time to join Southern Housing Group. You’ll be part of a dynamic team within a flexible and innovative organisation who are stable and independent, which is crucial during these unprecedented times. Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from people of any background who can bring an array of experience, skills and culture to our business, making us stronger and united. We celebrate our diversity and offer a safe environment where you can feel comfortable to truly be yourself. We’re proud to be part of various networks including BAME, The Women’s Network, PRISM – we’re also a Stonewall Diversity Champion, allowing those from within the LGBTQA+ community to feel empowered to express themselves freely without prejudice.
- What we do – We're a charitable business with social objectives, and customer service is at the heart of our business. We're proud of our reputation as a financially strong, stable, and independent housing provider. Every penny we make is reinvested in new homes, improving our services, and helping transform people’s lives.
- What we offer – We offer career progression, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits. We support and train our staff to excel as they develop their careers.
- Diversity & Inclusion – Southern Housing Group is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse community at large. Please note that in order to be considered for these opportunities you must have the right to work in the UK. Our roles may require travel between our various offices.
- Values – We are a values led organisation, and our principles resonate throughout the heartbeat of the company. Our values are Working Together, Getting Things Done and Doing the Right Thing.