Senior Land and New Business Manager
Experienced land buyer needed to join a respected housing association managing 15,000 homes. In order to achieve their targets of delivering 600 new homes each year our client requires a Senior Land and New Business Manager to take the lead on securing new development opportunities across Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and eastern parts of Oxfordshire.
Using a network of contacts you will identify and secure opportunities to construct new high quality homes and neighbourhoods. You will negotiate contracts and carry out cost and risk assessments to ensure schemes are successful. The role involves managing budgets and working with architectural, planning and valuation consultants.
They welcome applications from anyone with the right skills and experience, wherever you are in your career and there is the option to work from home.
The role involves:
- Identifying, evaluating and securing development opportunities which lead to the construction of new homes, including Section 106 deals, land/build packages, and/or other partnership arrangements.
- Ensuring all new opportunities meet financial, quality and strategic objectives.
- Keeping accurate records which meet audit requirements.
- Working with internal teams and external consultants to optimise the development potential of sites, maximise revenue potential and sustainability.
- Taking responsibility for monitoring expenditure and leading on due diligence.
You will need:
- To be educated to Degree level or equivalent with a relevant professional qualification such as RICS, RIBA, or MRTPI.
- At least 4 years of experience in a Land Buying role with a proven track record of closing deals.
- Experience and knowledge of the Development Process, ideally in a social housing context.
- Proven commercial acumen and experience of financial appraisal modelling.
- Experience and knowledge of different types of building contracts and of managing technical/ professional teams to carry out due diligence.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- A full driving licence with access to a car.
As well as a competitive salary you will also receive an attractive range of benefits such as flexible working options, Health Cash Plan, Bonus potential, competitive Pension options and 25 days Holiday in addition to 3 days closure at Christmas.
To apply for the role
Please email your CV to email@example.com
If you would like a confidential discussion about the opportunity or you have any questions about the role please contact Philip Foster on 023 8000 1153.
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.
More searches like this
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Bedfordshire
- Development / regeneration Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Bedfordshire
- Land acquisition Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Bedfordshire
- Planning Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in Bedfordshire