Exeter City Living are an innovative and sustainable housing developer, wholly owned by Exeter City Council, who seek to play a key role in creating communities and delivering environmental property developments long into the future.
Exeter City Living are one of the leading Passivhaus developers in the UK, they have been pioneering the international building standard for the last 12 years and built a global reputation for their developments. Exeter City Living have a vision to upscale their ambitions and to develop over 1000 Passivhaus houses in the next five years. As well as being low-energy, these homes are climate-ready to 2080 and healthy in accordance with Building Biology principles.
Exeter City Living are a profit for purpose company that is dedicated to delivering the very best buildings that transform the communities they develop in. The values of the company are embedded in the triple-bottom line philosophy of developing with the utmost consideration for people, planet and profit (or value for money as we prefer to call it).
As the company's ambitions grow Exeter City Living are now looking for a Development Director to join the team and help deliver their vision.
Your role as Development Director:
- You will be the overarching lead for all development programmes and will be responsible for managing the development consultancy teams.
- Your key focus will be to deliver against a defined business plan across an extensive portfolio and look at maximising the growth potential for the business.
- Identify and present proposals for new opportunities for developments, with accompanying development appraisals and business case.
- Work closely with the Managing Director to ensure optimum development delivery, pro-active marketing and customer engagement and exemplar Exeter City Living buildings. Lead on the establishment and management of processes and procedures, to guarantee a seamless collaboration between the Council and Exeter City Living.
Your experience as a Development Director:
- Your previous achievements will speak for you and naturally you will be innovative, curious and motivated to deliver as a proactive lead in the group.
- You will have come ideally from volume or medium sized housing developer or housing association and will need open market housing' and a keen understanding and pragmatic approach to risk management.
- You will be well connected in the housing and property industry, demonstrating robust commercial acumen, strong networking skills and have values aligned to Exeter City Living.
- Ideally you will have come from a technical/engineering (surveying or construction) background and understand commercial development and development economics. Ultimately, you will need to deliver steady growth and provide shareholder confidence.
- Strong relationship building, communication and influencing skills.
- High energy and the ambition to deliver world class, affordable, environmentally friendly buildings.
- A can-do, collaborative approach to working as part of a team, motivated to make a difference for Exeter, its people and its communities.
This is a unique opportunity to join a market leading, entrepreneurial and innovative business as it seeks to fast track its growth. The successful candidate will play a key role in shaping the structure and culture of the business, whilst delivering high profile, cutting edge environmental property developments. In return Exeter City Living are offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you would like more information please email email@example.com in the first instance.