Service Director: Housing, Family Support and Fair Work
Edinburgh is a city of contrast. A place where history is alive on every corner and where a pioneering and entrepreneurial spirit fuels creativity and innovation. But it’s also a city of stark social and economic contrast, and we now have an opportunity for an accomplished and capable leader to take the lead on ending poverty in our community.
You’ll take on a portfolio that brings together a number of our vital support services, alongside our economic development agenda, giving you a uniquely rounded perspective of the factors that can influence quality of life and opportunities for our residents. Key services under your remit include:
- Family & Household Support Services
- Business Growth & Inclusion
- Housing Management and Repairs Services
- Homelessness & Housing Support
- Any other related anti-poverty services
It’s likely that your experience to date includes direct experience of the housing profession. But we are looking for more than this. It’s essential that you can bring your influence to bear on the different drivers of social and economic wellbeing. You’ll understand the importance of creating successful communities and ensuring people have access to economic opportunities, as well as the means to develop the skills they need to succeed.
There will be a distinct emphasis on designing our services around people’s needs – identifying what will make the most difference and giving the community a say in how these services are delivered.
The Council has set out an ambition to end poverty in the city by 2030. This is the key leadership role in making that happen.
Visit www.join-edinburgh.co.uk to find out more or contact Evelyn Dougherty at Solace in Business on 020 7976 3311 for a confidential discussion.
Closing date: 16th July.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in Edinburgh
- Housing / neighbourhood management Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in Edinburgh
- Tenant services Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in Edinburgh
- Executive & Senior Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in Edinburgh
- Senior management Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in Edinburgh