Finance Manager (12 months FTC)
This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home based.
Peabody is London's housing association. We have a long history of providing great homes for people who really need them. This role supports the provision of these great homes by underpinning the financial strength of Peabody.
How will you be able to succeed in this role? You will need to bring good technical accounting expertise with a focus on detailed analysis. Systems improvement experience will help too. Most of all, you will be driven and persistent.
- Coordinate the budget and forecasting processes and feed into longer term plans
- Lead on and deliver regulatory reports, involving real attention to detail
- Share in Finance systems improvements, especially regarding the planning applications
This is a challenging role with plenty of Director and Exec Director exposure - are you up for it?
- Proven ability to lead, manage and motivate a team
- Understanding of applicable regulatory frameworks
- Solid understanding of Finance IT applications
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
CCAB qualified accountant (or MBA) with minimum 2 years PQE
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.
Advertised: 22 Jun 2021 (9:00 AM) GMT Daylight Time
Closing date: 06 Jul 2021 (5:00 PM) GMT Daylight Time