IT Business Analyst (12 months FTC)
This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home based.
The Business Analyst (BA) will analyse and understand business needs, translating requirements through to technical specifications, collaborating with solutions delivery teams using detailed knowledge of existing systems and available technologies to ensure that final solutions are fit for purpose, meet business requirements and are in line with the organisation’s enterprise architecture.
We are looking for a Customer focused Business Analyst (BA) experienced in Agile delivery to join our IT Business Analysis team. We have a number of exciting projects focused on transformation and modernising and will involve working with a number of products in both our existing and new technology, so requires a proactive and capable BA who is organised, able to thrive under pressure and is comfortable engaging with technical teams. The role provides an interesting opportunity to make a lasting impact on our organisation. Strong relationships and collaboration is key in this role and of particular importance when working with customers and stakeholders remotely, so the ability to creatively engage and challenge business users to gather requirements, understand and assess challenges and identify solutions is critical.
- Solid, multi-organisation experience as a Business Analyst, with skills in business process, systems and data analysis, modelling and the production of high-quality written documentation.
- Significant experience eliciting and managing software requirements as part of a delivery team.
- Strong experience building relationships with stakeholders and managing their expectations.
- Understanding of scrum framework and agile methodologies
- Strong consultative approach
- Agile development experience
- The ability to drive and challenge business users and delivery teams in the specification, design and delivery of fit for purpose solutions.
- A persuasive, articulate communicator with a passion for delivery, who can communicate business analysis concepts and related matters to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Must have an aptitude for attention to detail and the ability to maintain effective control over many tasks in parallel.
- Strong interpersonal, written and presentation skills – service orientation, collaboration, facilitation and negotiation skills, situational awareness and conflict resolution.
- Team player with a passion for best practice and skilled in working within a collaborative environment working across matrixed teams in projects.
- Sound experience of the multiple development methodologies, including Scrum delivery method and of applying Agile techniques such as User Stories.
- BCS Diploma in Business Analysis or ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis.
- Previous experience working in the social housing sector
- University graduate preferred, ideally in Computer Science, Information Technology.
- Also see skills/experience above.
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.
Advertised: 22 Jun 2021 (9:00 AM) GMT Daylight Time
Closing date: 06 Jul 2021 (5:00 PM) GMT Daylight Time