Head of Fire Safety
Head of Fire Safety
£59,300 - £76,940
Hyde is looking to recruit a Head of Fire Safety and Delivery to a newly appointed position. This is a fantastic opportunity for a strategic leader who has a wealth of fire knowledge.
The Head of Fire Safety and Delivery will lead on all aspects of fire safety throughout the organisation. Delivering the fire risk assessment programme and ensuring that we are consistently reporting 100% compliance and implementing the changes detailed in the fire safety bill and building safety bill. You will also lead on the multi- million pound fire remediation programme delivering value for money and where required pursue cases of litigation.
This role will support the Safer Homes Director in delivering the strategic objectives.
- Responsible for leading and driving business improvement and regulatory compliance within the property services compliance function.
- Lead an expert technical team to manage all aspects of fire safety across all assets ensuring services are maintained and improved
- Be accountable for driving aspects of the fire safety activity through the operational teams in both new build projects and within existing stock
- Working with teams to enable them to deliver fire safety improvement projects as identified through current guidance, regulation change, fire safety policy, best practice
- Develop and influence relationships with key and external stakeholders
- Work with other departments in matters relating to fire safety, CDM, Building Regulations and BIM
- Develop and influence relationships with key external stakeholders, fire enforcement bodies and partners
- Ensure statutory, regulatory & governance compliance
- To produce relevant reports in a compliant manner as required in support of business activities
- Accountable for the preparation and delivery of the FRA programme and ensuring that all FRAs are up to date and are of a high quality
- Head up and manage a newly formed team providing support and strategic direction.
Essential skills and experience,
The successful Head of Fire Safety will require the following skills/experience:
- A firm understanding and experience working within varied housing stock and within varied tenure
- Experience in preparing and delivering a large scale, high-quality, compliant FRA programme
- Ability to influence high profile external stakeholders and internal customers
- Experience providing direction and leadership to an expert team
- Experience managing fire related projects
- Good understanding recent recommendations made to fire safety for residential dwellings
Hyde offers a blended approach to work. You will be required to work a minimum of 2 days a week in the office, receive a fantastic pension, life assurance ,30 days holiday, Bupa, Bonus , car allowance and a 35-hour working week.
Closing date Wednesday 7th July 2021