Career Grade Housing Delivery Officer
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. In April 2019 we moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About the team
This position is part of Homelessness, Independence and Preventative Services which adopts a preventative approach across the housing, health and social care agendas. If you want to work in the public sector and be part of a progressive team, this is a unique opportunity for you as we are interested in what you can bring to help us improve and develop our services for our customers.
You will be willing to learn and acquire the knowledge required for this role as an extensive training package will be provided to new recruits with the option to gain an accredited qualification from the Chartered Institute of Housing. We particularly want to hear from you if you have graduated in the last 18 months and want to continue to learn and develop your knowledge and skills.
You will work across the Housing Service including addressing the housing needs of the borough, preventing homelessness and promote personal independence. This role will also involve working on the communications programme for the Housing Service involving promotions and some public events. You must be confident to make decisions and be able to have challenging conversations with other professionals while maintaining a customer focussed approach.
1. Provide a customer centred advice service.
2. Assess the needs of customers.
3. Provide support to prevent homelessness.
4. Adopt a problem-solving approach and finding bespoke solutions to meet individual need.
5. Promote events or campaigns for the Housing Service.
6.Proactively learn on the job.
- Able to work effectively in a team.
- Proactively build and maintain positive and productive relationships across services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills across a range of audiences.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- A passion to improve services for customers.
Essential for the Role
- Degree or equivalent experience
- DBS check is required for the role
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 2nd August 2021
Closing date: 25th July 2021
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Homelessness Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Tenant services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)