Building Safety Manager
1 day left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Building Safety Manager, your ability to effectively and proactively manage a set number of high rise residential buildings could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Building Safety Manager, you will be responsible ensuring Lewisham Homes complies with all current regulations with regards to building safety and promotes and communicates building safety throughout the organisation and with the residents within high rise residential buildings (HRRB).
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- To effectively and proactively manage a set number of high rise residential buildings ensuring that there is a culture of high performance, strong engagement and a commitment to continual improvement
- Act as the named BSM for your assigned HRRB’s, liaising directly with the Building Safety Regulator and Fire Services ensuring that all required requests for information and reoccurring reporting are appropriately responded to
- Ensure the effective operation and availability of general safety and fire safety equipment within all assigned properties and that of their associated assets
- Provide advice, guidance and clear information regarding general safety and fire safety to all stakeholders including other Directorates and residents
- Lead and actively contribute on ‘whole building safety’ matters in all meetings internally and externally regarding your HRRB’s
- Liaise and assist assessors in access the HRRB’s. Ensure that remedial actions are appropriate, monitored and completed both to the required standard and within the allocated timeframes and consider mitigating actions where necessary
- Proactively engage with the internal Development team through the design and construction phases for all new properties to ensure all required as built information (including building information modelling (BIM)) is collated, available and to the required standard
- Collaborate with the Compliance Team to ensure that the HRRB’s are included within a service and maintenance schedule and these records are available through the Compliance Teams’ data storage system for review and information
- Actively engage with the Resident Services, Home Ownership and Environment teams to ensure the services delivered by them meet the quality standards required
- Coordinate all repairs, alterations and installations and confirm they are carried out within agreed timeframes and to the highest of standards ensuring that all works are recorded and related documentation is available for review
- Maintain H&S related to all records, trends and information ready for presenting to senior managers, Committees, staff groups, residents and when appropriate the regulator/s
- Ensure that building safety information is maintained to the highest of standards both prior and during its occupation
- Manage and represent the organisation in relation to the ‘Safety Case’ required by the Building Safety Regulator.
The BSM will also be required to attend necessary training to show competence in fulfilling the role. The key tasks listed above are only an indication of the main tasks required to be performed. It is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and may be subject to amendment to take account of changing circumstances. Any changes will be made following discussion with the post holder.
The post holder will remain co-operative and flexible in line with the needs of the post and the post evolving in line with new and revised legislation.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.