Head of Housing & Communities
3 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Main Purpose of the Job:
• To be responsible of the effective management of housing and community activities across RBLI located predominantly on the 72 acre RBLI Village in Aylesford Kent.
• To provide support and guidance to the Veterans and their families and dependent on the village to support their transition to sustainable independent living beyond the village when appropriate.
• To provide a range of community activities in support of these aims including overseeing our community café Base Camp.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Housing and Tenancy Services
• Responsible for all delivery and implementation of excellent housing management, neighbourhood management and community regeneration services across the RBLI Village in Aylesford and in our wider stock portfolio in Kent.
• To develop a performance management framework and culture and lead continuous improvement in key operational performance such as arrears, voids and estate management services.
• Take a strategic lead in housing issues with key partners e.g. COBSEO housing group, Kent Housing Group, Local Authority partners and other housing providers and referral partners.
• Oversee the delivery of key housing and tenancy management functions across the village including managing the waiting list, allocations, march in/march out and tenancy and licence management.
• Work closely with the Head of Property Services to ensure that homes are maintained to a high standard through a clear programme of planned and reactive maintenance and ensuring that there is a clear understanding and prioritisation of maintenance work in tenanted and licenced properties.
• Develop and maintain key policies and strategies for housing management for example rent policy, arrears management, anti-social behaviour, tenants/landlord responsibilities, pet policy.
• Lead and oversee the annual rent and charges review process.
• Take part in the recruitment and selection of new staff.
• Contribute to the preparation of the annual plan for RBLI Living and the estates development strategy including identifying current and future housing need for veterans.
• Oversee the completion of concise and accurate performance reports for senior management and the boards and sub-committees to report and progress and facilitate appropriate strategic decisions
• Deliver and implement a resident involvement strategy and ensure that residents have an input into the delivery of housing and community services.
• Develop letting plans for the new Centenary Village properties as they come to handover from the estates development team.
• Support the welfare team to deliver and develop the STEP-IN support programme to residents of Mountbatten Pavilion
• To provide STEP-IN and wider floating support to veterans and their families across the RBLI village.
• Ensure that outcomes of support and effectively recorded and reported including statutory reports and reports to funders.
• Work with the fundraising team to identify areas of need to support bids for new work and to ensure that reports for current funding are completed accurately and promptly.
• Work with referral partners to ensure that homeless and vulnerable veterans are identified and supported through the RBLI Village or through referral to other agencies
• Oversee the delivery of benefits advice to RBLI residents and work closely with local authority and national partners to ensure that veterans access the support they are entitled to.
• Oversee the operation and working of RBLIs community café, Base Camp, including volunteering and work development opportunities as a social enterprise.
• Oversee the development and delivery of a range of community events across the RBLI village to support the range of residents on the village
• Oversee the development of a range of community activities around education, training and employment including our horticulture and fitness activities in the welfare team.
• Work with the Director RBLI Living and the RBLI fundraising team to identify new community services, facilities or activities that support the wellbeing of veterans and their families across the RBLI Village and wider RBLI portfolio.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you need additional support or any reasonable adjustments to support you in applying for this role please email email@example.com or call 01622 795917
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
Closing Date: 21 July 2021
Interview Date: 28 July 2021