Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £90 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
Full time- 37.5hrs - Support Worker
We currently have an opportunity for a Support Worker at our supported living services for people with learning disabilities and mental health problems at Stainton court, based in Bushey Hertfordshire.
We are looking for caring, enthusiastic people who enjoy helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
We are looking for a caring, enthusiastic person who enjoys helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
Your role as a Support Worker will be:
- Providing advice, guidance and support to service users
- Positively engage with and sustain appropriate relationships with individuals who are often unwilling to engage with services
- Work on own initiative and as a part of a team
- Act calmly and respond professionally in stressful and difficult situations
- You will be passionate and driven with the desire to provide high quality, person centred services.
- You will have experience in the delivery of care and/or support services to vulnerable adults.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to peoples needs.
You will need to be able to:
- Work shifts as part of a rota system whichwill include weekend and bank holiday working
- Work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities
It is essential that you can drive and have assess your own car.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Senior Support Worker please click below and complete an online application form.
Closing date: Wednesday 4th August 2021
Interview date: TBC
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare ofchildren, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.