At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Personal Assistant, your ability to provide executive team support to meet varying demands and deadlines could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Personal Assistant, you will be responsible for providing excellent administration and professional support to nominated Directors of Lewisham Homes.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- Ensuring diary management is well organised in advance, keeping appointments up to date and attendees advised. Ensuring good planning so directors are prepared in advance for all meetings and visits, and that appropriate time is allocated and venues booked.
- Preparing agendas, briefings and action notes for internal meetings and assisting directors in the preparation of presentations and other materials.
- Supporting directors to complete Board/Committee reports, correspondence and complaints responses, within required deadlines.
- Taking accurate notes of internal meetings and turning into concise well produced and formatted minutes, which are signed off by the Chair of the meeting in target times.
- Arranging events and visits for ELT members, and ensuring that all arrangements are made
including notification of attendees, venue, travel, equipment, and refreshments.
- Attending meetings and events held outside of normal working hours as required.
- Processing expense claims and ensuring allocation of expenditure codes are correct.
- Monitoring and maintaining attendance records, including holidays, sickness and training.
- Working as an effective team member to provide cover and support for other Personal Assistant’s and Governance Team as required, and keeping other team members informed and updated on projects.
- Delivering excellent customer service with both internal and external contacts at all levels including Board Members, the Chief Executive and officers in other organisations, MPs, Councillors, Trade Union officials, partners and community representatives.
- Ensuring the Directorate’s business support team area is adequately staffed at all times.
- Working flexibly and efficiently to meet varying demands and deadlines. Responsible for prioritising own workload in liaison with line manager and directors
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
This role is will be agile working with some days being office-based.
Please note that this is a Fixed Term Contract of up to 12 months.
Closing date: Friday 23rd July 2021 at 23:59
Interviews: Friday 6th August and Monday 9th August 2021
Start date: End of August/beginning of September 2021
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.