Deputy Head of Housing
Are you an experienced, senior housing manager, with a solid track record in complex enterprises?
Can you demonstrate success in managing and motivating a large team of staff?
Would you like to develop your career in an ambitious, sector-leading organisation?
Can you help us to develop the next stage of our Dynamic Pathway to Independence for homeless and vulnerable people?
One YMCA provides a range of social housing, sports, health & wellbeing, children’s services, youth and community activities within Herts, Beds & Bucks for the benefit of local people and communities. With a turnover exceeding £15 million and over 400 staff, we are committed to making a difference in the local area through the services we deliver and the partner organisations we work with.
Our housing services represent 65% of our income, and in line with our ‘Mission 25’ project we have a goal to double the impact of our housing services by 2025. This role is a new position which will help us to achieve that goal, providing additional senior resource as our services expand in scope.
Last year we achieved the following:
- Provided nearly 185,000 nights of safe and secure accommodation to vulnerable individuals or those in need
- Accommodated 992 individuals
- Delivered 23,300 housing related support sessions
- Delivered 140 complex needs interventions
…and we assisted 463 residents to progress into their own settled long-term homes.
This isn’t enough for us. We have even bigger ambitions, among which is to ensure every young or vulnerable person has a safe place to live and the best start possible in their life, where they can develop to their full potential.
What is the scope of the role?
The following will give you a sense of the breadth of your responsibilities:
- managing the day to day operations of the Housing Service, including finances, staff and information management, ensuring key performance standards are met
- training and developing a team of 100 geographically-dispersed staff (via ten direct reports) by providing leadership and guidance enabling them to be at the top of their game
- delivering the best possible customer service to residents / service users and stakeholders taking the necessary actions to say what we’ll do and do what we say
- ensuring One YMCA maximises its resources at all times, taking care that occupancy levels and rent realisation remain above target and effectively managed
- supporting the Head of Housing in reviewing and developing the Housing provision / service to be the best it can be, in line with our Strategic objectives
What sets this apart from other senior housing management appointments?
- This will be a career-defining role, because you will be supporting ambitious charitable goals beyond anything typically seen in the sector.
- As a senior manager, you will contribute to the development of vision, direction and management of the charity as a whole, working with friendly colleagues and a passionate leadership team.
- Everything you achieve will support people to belong, contribute and thrive in their local communities – so for the right person, this will be a fulfilling and enjoyable challenge
To apply, please visit our website and click on the vacancy listing here.