Do you have a keen eye for detail and a passion for delivering excellent customer service? We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and eager-to-learn individual who wants to kick-start their career with a Business Administration apprenticeship.
We will offer you a 2 year contract with full on the job training, whilst you work towards a Level 3 Business Administration qualification. This excellent opportunity could potentially lead onto full time employment in a Business Administration role.
What you’ll be doing?
Working with the Contract and Performance Administration team you’ll provide effective and efficient administrative functions for the Swarcliffe PFI project to both internal and external customers, along with providing a highly responsive reception service dealing with customer and telephone enquiries.
This will include high quality compliance and monitoring services, ensuring that contractual performance standards are met, potential and actual service failures are minimised and penalties are reduced. Reporting and evidencing of pass through costs, lifecycle claims and other recharges, ensuring YHL maximises its recoverable income. Production and payment of invoices and performance reports.
Joining the team you will:
- Update computer database records, manual files and support in managing administrative processes, to enable accurate monitoring and performance reporting
- Support providing management info and collating and populating all information for the monthly invoice and other contractual reporting.
- Liaising with all relevant parties providing best outcome for tenant and updating internal data systems
- Provide reception services at the Swarcliffe office- to include meeting customers dealing with enquiries, raising repairs requests for customers, or property inspections where appropriate
- To assist in the preparation of agendas, distribution of papers, minute taking and all other arrangements required to facilitate meetings
- Respond to internal and external service enquiries as appropriate and provide on-going communication between customers, contractors and the PFI team
- Work with the team in the production of the Swarcliffe Newsletter. Participate in the delivery of other service communication and community and tenant initiatives and projects
- Complete the required college coursework/tests and attend any related training.
The stuff that sets you apart
To be considered for this apprenticeship, candidates must hold the following qualifications and personal qualities:
- GCSE Grade C/Level 4 or above in English and Maths
- Enthusiasm for administration
- Passion to grow career in an administrative role
- Work experience in a similar role is preferred
- Excellent attention to detail with a methodical approach to work
- Good working knowledge of using Microsoft applications
- High level of drive, conscientious and self-motivated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team and wider team
- Ability to manage own workload, including time and deadline management
What’s in it for you?
We provide a fantastic reward package to suit everyone –a variety of amazing discounts via PerkBox, a great Healthcare cash plan called Health Shield and a contributory pension scheme where we will match your contributions up to 9%! As well as our great benefits and a fantastic work environment, we’re absolutely a company that cares about its employees and its customers.
The finer print
Please follow the online application steps and submit a CV stating qualifications/predicted grades, working/volunteer experience and any personal info and answer the required questions in detail.
For more information about our apprenticeships please visit the Yorkshire Housing website. If you have any further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ve got a few ‘house rules’ at Yorkshire Housing (no pun intended!). One of them is work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go and another is that we think in careers, not jobs. Our flexible working environment and friendly culture means you can be yourself, take advantage of development opportunities and succeed – that’s just how we roll.
We’re inclusive and welcoming and offer a fun and open culture with a shared belief in making a positive difference to people’s lives – it really does feel like joining a big family!
We’re looking for people who want to get stuck in and make a positive difference to people’s lives. We want you to own the work you do and achieve impact.
You’ll make it happen by being curious and creating trust with our customers and each other. We want you to love what you do and have fun along the way.