We have a great opportunity for enthusiastic team-players to begin their career as Apprentice Electricians! Joining our Repairs and Investment Delivery maintenance team on a four-year contract, you will train on the job to achieve your Level 3 apprenticeship in Electrical Installation.
We will invest in you and help you learn in a great environment. We have an expert team to support you in developing your technical skills and kick-starting your career as an Electrician!
What you’ll be doing?
You’ll be trained to work in repair, maintenance and the servicing of Yorkshire Housing homes. You’ll work with an experienced electrician, assisting with the checks and testing of all types of electrical systems, including the location and repair of faults. You’ll also be trained on the maintenance, and installation of new and refurbished electrical systems using a full range of materials and techniques.
We’ll support you as you attend college and training, pass tests and assignments to obtain level 3 Electrical qualifications. Post apprenticeship we will aim to progress you into an Electrician role within Yorkshire Housing.
Pssst. One of our values is ‘Be Yourself’. We’re passionate about inclusion and we’d love to hear from people from diverse backgrounds for this role.
The stuff that sets you apart
To be considered for this apprenticeship, candidates must hold the following qualifications and personal qualities:
- GCSE Grade C/Level 4 or above in Maths, English and Science
- Able to pass a colour blind test
- Passion to grow career as an Electrician, work experience in a similar role is desirable
- Good practical skills with a methodical approach to work
- High level of drive, conscientious and self-motivated
- Ability to manage own workload, including time and deadline management
- Work as part of a team and closely with other teams with Yorkshire Housing
- Be expected to attend college one day a week or block release and complete required assignments for qualification, along with any associated tests.
What’s in it for you?
We provide a fantastic reward package to suit everyone –a variety of amazing discounts via PerkBox, a great Healthcare cash plan called Health Shield and a contributory pension scheme where we will match your contributions up to 9%! As well as our great benefits and a fantastic work environment, we’re absolutely a company that cares about its employees and its customers.
The finer print
Please follow the online application steps and submit a CV stating qualifications/predicted grades, working/volunteer experience and any personal info and answer the required questions in detail.
We’ve got a few ‘house rules’ at Yorkshire Housing (no pun intended!). One of them is work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go and another is that we think in careers, not jobs. Our flexible working environment and friendly culture means you can be yourself, take advantage of development opportunities and succeed – that’s just how we roll.
We’re inclusive and welcoming and offer a fun and open culture with a shared belief in making a positive difference to people’s lives – it really does feel like joining a big family!
We’re looking for people who want to get stuck in and make a positive difference to people’s lives. We want you to own the work you do and achieve impact.
You’ll make it happen by being curious and creating trust with our customers and each other. We want you to love what you do and have fun along the way.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Apprenticeship £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bradford
- Housing / neighbourhood management Apprenticeship £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bradford
- Residential Development & Construction Apprenticeship £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bradford
- Construction Apprenticeship £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bradford
- Engineering Apprenticeship £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bradford