Do you have a keen eye for detail and a passion for delivering excellent customer service? We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and eager-to-learn individual who wants to kick-start their career with a Business Administration apprenticeship.
We will offer you a 2 year contract with full on the job training, whilst you work towards a Level 3 Business Administration qualification. This excellent opportunity could potentially lead onto full time employment in a Business Administration role.
What you’ll be doing?
Our Home Improvement Agency (HIA) help support our customers who range from the vulnerable and elderly, homeowners, private and social housing tenants. The team support customers through making adaptations, repairs, improvements, prevention measures and private work to their homes. The team are looking for a professional customer focussed administrator to provide an efficient administration service, and at all times deliver an excellent standard of service to customers.
Joining our HIA administration team in Northallerton you will:
- Courteously and professionally deal with all incoming calls and visitors
- Undertake administrative duties relating to incoming and outgoing post, HIA initial visit packs and assisting with contractor estimates
- Assist in the data inputting and maintenance of statistical records, produce excel spreadsheets and reports
- Maintain and update databases accurately and take customer payments
- Support the team in handling, recording, distributing, filing and retrieving of all relevant correspondence and information in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Work with customers to assess needs for adaptations and feedback on service delivery.
- Complete the required college coursework/tests and attend any related training.
The stuff that sets you apart
To be considered for this apprenticeship, candidates must hold the following qualifications and personal qualities:
- GCSE Grade C/Level 4 or above in English and Maths
- Enthusiasm for administration
- Passion to grow career in an administrative role
- Work experience in a similar role is preferred
- Excellent attention to detail with a methodical approach to work
- Good working knowledge of using Microsoft applications
- High level of drive, conscientious and self-motivated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team and wider team
- Ability to manage own workload, including time and deadline management
What’s in it for you?
We provide a fantastic reward package to suit everyone –a variety of amazing discounts via PerkBox, a great Healthcare cash plan called Health Shield and a contributory pension scheme where we will match your contributions up to 9%! As well as our great benefits and a fantastic work environment, we’re absolutely a company that cares about its employees and its customers.
The finer print
Please follow the online application steps and submit a CV stating qualifications/predicted grades, working/volunteer experience and any personal info and answer the required questions in detail.
For more information about our apprenticeships please visit the Yorkshire Housing website. If you have any further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ve got a few ‘house rules’ at Yorkshire Housing (no pun intended!). One of them is work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go and another is that we think in careers, not jobs. Our flexible working environment and friendly culture means you can be yourself, take advantage of development opportunities and succeed – that’s just how we roll.
We’re inclusive and welcoming and offer a fun and open culture with a shared belief in making a positive difference to people’s lives – it really does feel like joining a big family!
We’re looking for people who want to get stuck in and make a positive difference to people’s lives. We want you to own the work you do and achieve impact.
You’ll make it happen by being curious and creating trust with our customers and each other. We want you to love what you do and have fun along the way.