The Customer Experience Adviser Apprenticeship is a unique opportunity for someone looking to start their career in customer services. This will provide a fantastic opportunity for someone to make a real impact as the first point of contact for customer communications into Yorkshire Housing.
We'll offer you an 18-month contract to work towards the completion of a Level 2 Customer Services qualification. You'll gain fantastic experience working within a customer centre environment aiming to deliver exceptional levels of service to a diverse customer base on a wide range of queries.
What you’ll be doing?
Joining the Customer Experience team as an apprentice, you will be involved in a wide range of customer service activities. You will continuously learn and develop your skills by:
- Being the first point of contact for customers dealing with a wide variety of queries
- Creating and updating customer records using the relevant system
- Booking and schedule appointments as required for customers including repairs and tenancy management visits
- Effectively signposting customers to the relevant internal or external agencies
- Take payment from residents for YH services including setting up direct debits
- Maximising YH rental income by providing a proactive collection service
- Keeping customers up to date with information relating to queries, this could include outbound calls, emails, web chat, portal and SMS.
- Dealing with customer complaints aiming for an immediate resolution
- Be expected to complete required assignments set for the Customer Service Level 2
The stuff that sets you apart
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at a grade 4 (C) or above including Maths and English
- Passion to work in a fast paced contact centre environment, work experience in a similar role is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers via different channels including: phone, email and web chats.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise own workload and meet deadlines
- High level of drive, conscientious and self-motivated
- Proficient in the use of ICT systems especially Microsoft packages
- Ability to work effectively in a team and as part of a wider team
- Able to demonstrate YH Values.
Location: Please note this is a homeworking role. Training will be delivered online via Microsoft Teams or Zoom for times when face-to-face training cannot take place, especially due to COVID-19 pandemic. Travel across the Yorkshire region may be required on occasions to meet the requirements of the role.
What’s in it for you?
We provide a fantastic reward package to suit everyone –a variety of amazing discounts via PerkBox, a great Healthcare cash plan called Health Shield and a contributory pension scheme where we will match your contributions up to 9%! As well as our great benefits and a fantastic work environment, we’re absolutely a company that cares about its employees and its customers.
The finer print
Please follow the online application steps and submit a CV stating qualifications/predicted grades, working/volunteer experience and any personal info and answer the required questions in detail.
For more information about our apprenticeships please visit the Yorkshire Housing website. If you have any further questions please contact email@example.com
We’ve got a few ‘house rules’ at Yorkshire Housing (no pun intended!). One of them is work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go and another is that we think in careers, not jobs. Our flexible working environment and friendly culture means you can be yourself, take advantage of development opportunities and succeed – that’s just how we roll.
We’re inclusive and welcoming and offer a fun and open culture with a shared belief in making a positive difference to people’s lives – it really does feel like joining a big family!
We’re looking for people who want to get stuck in and make a positive difference to people’s lives. We want you to own the work you do and achieve impact.
You’ll make it happen by being curious and creating trust with our customers and each other. We want you to love what you do and have fun along the way.