Environmental Services (Horticultural) Apprentice
3 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Would you love to work outdoors within a great team and for a supportive organisation? We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic team-player who wants to take the first steps to grow their horticultural career. This apprenticeship will equip you with a range of transferable skills and covers a range of topics including plants, soil science and vegetation, machinery and environmental best practice.
We will invest in you and help you develop in a great environment. Yorkshire Housing is an established apprenticeship employer with an expert team to support you in developing your technical skills and personal development to kickstart your horticulture career!
What you’ll be doing?
You’ll work on grounds maintenance and associated works to our customer schemes and adjoining areas, this could be from planting flower meadows to renovation of grassed areas. In the fallow months, the team carry out some fantastic community based duties and minor repair / maintenance programs to improve the lives of our customers.
We’ll support you as you also attend college, completing and passing all related coursework and tests for the Horticulture Level 2 apprenticeship qualification.
The stuff that sets you apart
To be considered for this apprenticeship, candidates must hold the following qualifications and personal qualities:
- GCSE Grade C/Level 4 in English and Maths
- Enthusiasm for ground maintenance
- Passion to grow career in Horticulture
- Work experience in a similar role is preferred
- Good practical skills with a methodical approach to work
- High level of drive, conscientious and self-motivated
- Ability to manage own workload, including time and deadline management
- Work as part of a team and closely with other teams with Yorkshire Housing
- Be able to use your own initiative and deliver work in a professional manner at all times
- Be expected to attend college one day a week or block release and complete required assignments for qualification, along with any associated tests.
What’s in it for you?
We provide a fantastic reward package to suit everyone –a variety of amazing discounts via PerkBox, a great Healthcare cash plan called Health Shield and a contributory pension scheme where we will match your contributions up to 9%! As well as our great benefits and a fantastic work environment, we’re absolutely a company that cares about its employees and its customers.
The finer print
Please follow the online application steps and submit a CV stating qualifications/predicted grades, working/volunteer experience and any personal info and answer the required questions in detail.
For more information about our apprenticeships please visit the Yorkshire Housing website. If you have any further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking for people who want to get stuck in and make a positive difference to people’s lives. We want you to own the work you do and achieve impact.
You’ll make it happen by being curious and creating trust with our customers and each other. We want you to love what you do and have fun along the way.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Apprenticeship £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bradford
- Housing / neighbourhood management Apprenticeship £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bradford
- Homes and Asset Management Apprenticeship £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bradford
- Facilities management Apprenticeship £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bradford
- Maintenance / Repair Apprenticeship £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bradford