Property Accounts Manager
This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home based.
This role will be responsible for joint management of the Property Accounts Team in setting all rent and service charges across the entire portfolio of customers ranging from general needs to supported housing to market rents/intermediate market rents and leasehold/freehold housing. The units themselves comprise a number of sites and site types ranging from Victorian street properties to single and multiple block estates.
To ensure the effective management of property accounts with a focus on the customer, leading by demonstrating and encouraging appropriate behaviour, and maintaining clarity and accessibility of information.
To maintain ownership of data in the Rent and Service Charge systems and develop and support a culture using enhanced data, insight and analytics to actively engage with residents in delivering service excellence and improve customer experience.
To motivate and develop the staff under your responsibility to establish a high performing, customer focused team.
- Proven track record and thorough understanding of the technical and policy issues and implications arising from managing rent and service charges in a complex business.
- Strong understanding of the housing regulatory framework for landlords with a particular focus on knowledge around the Rent Standard as well as a up to date knowledge of regulations and best practice around fixed and variable service charges.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Experience of developing, managing and motivating a multi skilled team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Significant experience of the production of leaseholder/freeholder final accounts
A commitment to continuing professional development.
- IT literate with excellent excel skills and competent in the use of financial, and other, database systems including an integrated housing management system.
- Experience using Trace Solution (Tramps/Bluebox) accounting software advantageous.
- Degree educated with substantial work experience managing a team in a rent and service charge environment.
- Part qualified preferred, as a minimum educated to AAT level accounting standards.
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.
Advertised: 11 Jul 2021 (9:00 AM) GMT Daylight Time
Closing date: 25 Jul 2021 (5:00 PM) GMT Daylight Time