We launched our new Housing Advisory Service with an ambitious programme to end the use of long-term temporary accommodation in the borough, improve our offer to residents, and reshape the private rented sector.
Enfield is committed to ending the use of long-term temporary accommodation. To do this we have established a range of new services aimed at preventing homelessness and ensuring that all our residents have access to a safe and affordable home. You will lead our Market Management Team, using the Council’s procurement activity to shape the wider housing market.
Key responsibilities will include the development of Enfield Let (our ethical lettings agency) and developing an emergency accommodation strategy to reflect the wider changes in the Council’s approach. Key to the vision is keeping residents at the heart of all our work, and ensuring that the services we deliver are of the highest quality.
If you share our vision, and then come and join us.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing date: 23:59 25th July 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please go to www.jobs.enfield.gov.uk
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Richard Sorensen on 020 8132 0663 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.