The London Borough of Brent, in northwest London, is the most diverse borough in England. From the Shri Swaminarayan Mandir in Neasden, to the iconic Wembley Stadium arch, Brent is filled with multi-cultural landmarks.
We own and manage about 12,000 homes and keeping the quality of these homes at high standards is just as important as maintaining good relationships with the tenants and leaseholders that live in them. We have the results of our most recent STAR, which tells us what’s important to residents and we have an asset management strategy that sets out what we want to achieve over the next 30 years. The action plans from these two will be your main focus, as you take over this role.
We are looking to recruit a Head of Property Services who will be responsible for:
· Strategic Leadership to ensure that Housing Management - Property has a clear and strategic approach to the management of its assets which complies with regulatory standards arising from relevant legislation and Government guidance, is underpinned by reliable evidence, regular review and clear plans are in place to continually improve the services managed and the financial value of the stock.
· Management of core functions including Compliance and Strategic Assets and Property Services (including responsive repairs and planned maintenance)
· Responsible for ensuring that all core functions are driven by, and respond effectively to, resident needs, ensuring that all functions make best use of resources from customer insight and stock condition.
· Provide challenge within and across the functions and across the Housing services to ensure they deliver services that meet the needs of residents, estates and communities.
· Lead on the procurement, commercial negotiations, delivery and contract management (ensuring risk is mitigated) of capital works contractors and consultants, including developing procurement strategies for changing services.
· Provide direction, support and guidance to ensure there is an adequate provision for the management of H&S risks including but not limited to: Fire Safety, Gas, Electrical, Water, and Asbestos.
· Ensure there are robust systems and approaches around data management and integrity that support the development of clear, accurate investment programmes that support our future financial planning.
· Lead stakeholder and relationship management and engagement associated with asset
· Management, and related wider objectives, to support the delivery of the overall programme.
For more information on both this position and Brent, please view our microsite here https://search.green-park.co.uk/lb-brent/welcome/ and get in touch with our search partners Green Park for a confidential conversation. Ben Parsonage – email@example.com 07979 544851.