Head of Development
The London Borough of Brent, in northwest London, is the most diverse borough in England. From the Shri Swaminarayan Mandir in Neasden, to the iconic Wembley Stadium arch, Brent is filled with multi-cultural landmarks.
We are tackling the housing crisis head-on and have set a target to build 1000 new council homes in five years, having already completed 262 of them we are looking at keeping this pace up to help tackle, overcrowding, issues with families living in temporary accommodations and homelessness.
Although this is a considerable effort, we recognise that it won’t be enough to deal with the scale of housing demand we face, and there will be challenges ahead.
We are looking to recruit a Head of Development who will be responsible for:
- Management of the core functions including oversight of the delivery of the Housing Strategy, leadership of the multiple housing supply programmes to deliver the 1000 affordable homes a year target in order to reduce homelessness (working with corporate and external partners to do this), and leading the partnership with housing associations (delivering wellbeing, housing standards objectives as well as ensuring better working across the council) to ensure the service contributes to the needs of residents, estates and communities.
- Responsible for ensuring that all these core functions are driven by, and respond effectively to, resident needs, ensuring that all functions make best use of resources from customer insight data to resident engagement.
- Lead on the procurement, commercial negotiations, delivery and contract management (ensuring risk is mitigated) of services and supply projects as necessary, including developing procurement strategies for changing services.
- Provide challenge within the teams but also across the department to develop the services that underpin these teams and make them a success for individuals, families and communities. Lead a service in alignment with corporate and departmental aims and priorities, including:
- robust financial management to ensure value for money.
- setting and monitoring clear and ambitious service performance requirements to deliver top quartile performance against relevant benchmarks for Brent's housing service.
- managing people to deliver an environment which fosters innovation and continuous improvement in service commissioning and delivery.
- the development and delivery of innovative new models for commissioning and service delivery.
For more information on both this position and Brent, please view our microsite here https://search.green-park.co.uk/lb-brent/welcome/ and get in touch with our search partners Green Park for a confidential conversation. Ben Parsonage – email@example.com 07979 544851
More searches like this
- Residential Development & Construction Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (West)
- Development / regeneration Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (West)
- Executive & Senior Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (West)
- Senior management Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (West)