Health, Safety and Environment Advisor
bpha are a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
We work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 housing association developers in the country, we are committed to providing quality repair and maintenance services to our Residents. Our amazing hard-working team makes sure our properties are maintained to the highest standard, whilst ensuring our homes meet the needs of our Residents.
We are currently looking for an experienced Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor to join the team.
What you will be doing:
- Managing and monitoring bpha’s health and safety and environmental management systems and ensuring legal and regulatory compliance and providing reporting.
- Supporting managers throughout the organisation to ensure health, safety and environmental risk assessments are carried out and procedures and controls are in place.
- Taking responsibility for investigation of accidents and incidents, and using the findings to make improvements.
- Developing HSE and Wellbeing programmes with employee groups and producing training in these areas.
We’d love to meet someone with:
- Comprehensive knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation, guidance and best practice within the construction / housing industry.
- Experience of undertaking audits and managing the implementation of improvement actions.
- Experience of undertaking health, safety and environmental risk assessments.
- Knowledge of CDM.
- Professional qualification in Health and Safety (minimum NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent).
Amongst what we offer you is:
- A competitive salary of £37,500-£42,000
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays!
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Free life assurance
- Access to an extensive suite of wellbeing services and tools including a digital gym
- Opportunities for learning and development
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
The successful candidate will need to complete a basic DBS application.
We’re currently working remotely and expect to be returning to our offices in September 2021. At that stage, we will also be starting a trial of hybrid working across the business and we are happy to discuss flexible working options at the interview stage.
Closing date: Friday 23rd July, 2021
Interview dates: 4th (PM) & 5th (AM) August, 2021
Interviews will be held throughout the recruitment campaign
We reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that we have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.