Southern Housing Group are looking for a Service Coordinator, who will join an exciting and dynamic team, within a growing and forward thinking organisation.
Working within the Maintenance Service Team, the Service Coordinator will be responsible for handling repair requests from residents and effectively issuing with suitable trade resources to solve any issues.
We have 2 vacancies on the team - these are full time and permanent.
This role is suitable for applicants who live close to either our Isle of Wight (PO30 5BF) or Maidstone office (ME14 5LH) with some working from home also possible.
The role involves taking repair requests from residents and effectively and efficiently issuing them to trade resources based geographically throughout the region. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience of working within a busy maintenance call centre environment and will posses a working knowledge of resource planning and utilisation techniques whilst delivering a positive ‘can do’ attitude at all times.
You will work on a rotational basis: 07:30-16:00, 08:30-17:00, 12:00-20:00
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in a similar role such as call centre or customer service environment
- Committed to putting the customer first
- Able to effectively multi-task
- Strong computer skills
- Great communicator
- Team player
- 40 hour week
What we’ll offer you
- A starting salary of £21,000 per year
- 23 days holidays plus public holidays, rising with length of service
- The ability to carry over annual leave, buy extra leave and sell excess leave
- Flexible working
- A great pension scheme
- Access to various discount cards
- Cash claim-back on medical treatments
- Employee referral scheme
- Travel to work loan
- Discounted rates on a cycle scheme, personal medical plans, life assurance, give as you earn, critical illness and travel insurance
- More information can be found on our careers page – https://www.shgroup.org.uk/about-us/build-your-career-with-us/
Why work for Southern Housing Group?
- What we do – We're a charitable business with social objectives, and customer service is at the heart of our business. We're proud of our reputation as a financially strong, stable, and independent housing provider. Every penny we make is reinvested in new homes, improving our services, and helping transform people’s lives.
- What we offer – We offer career progression, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits. We support and train our staff to excel as they develop their careers.
- Diversity & Inclusion – Southern Housing Group is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse community at large. Please note that in order to be considered for these opportunities you must have the right to work in the UK. Our roles may require travel between our various offices.
- Values – We are a values led organisation, and our principles resonate throughout the heartbeat of the company. Our values are Working Together, Getting Things Done and Doing the Right Thing.
Southern Housing Group is one of the largest housing associations in southern England and has a well-established reputation as a successful business with social objectives. The Group provides a housing management service to a range of tenures including social rent, affordable rent, shared ownership and outright sales.
We provide housing services to more than 70,000 customers who live in our almost 30,000 properties. With circa 1,000 employees, we’re an organisation that’s going places.
We are a member of the G15, which represents London's 15 largest housing associations. The G15 houses one in ten Londoners and builds a quarter of London's new homes.
Southern Housing Group won the “Housing Association of the Year” award at the WhatHouse? Awards 2018. The Group also won the award for “2018 Best Large Development” at the National Housing Awards for our development at Bow River Village.
Closing Date Sunday 25th July 2021