Customer Accounts Advisor
Are you driven to deliver excellent customer service? Self motivated and enthusiastic to engage with customers to understand their financial situation and make appropriate recommendations to get their rent accounts back on track?
New to the industry? No problem, if you have the skills and the right behaviours we can train you to be successful.
As part of the Customer Accounts team at Southern Housing Group, you will be responsible to centrally manage the recovery of rent and service charge arrears in an efficient manner providing a professional and proficient customer-focused service to our residents. You will do this by engaging with customers to understand their circumstances and create solutions to enable them to meet their responsibilities to pay rent and prevent arrears arising in the future.
If you are a self-motivated person who can demonstrate a positive attitude towards your work and enjoy working as part of a team to achieve goals and targets, this may be the right role for you.
Great communication skills are essential, as a large part of your day will be spent on the telephone talking to people. You will have an inquisitive mind and take a flexible attitude towards resolving problems to a successful conclusion. You will ensure customers receive the appropriate support with money management advice and guidance regarding benefits to help maximise their potential income.
You’ll be based at our Horsham office (town centre) working 35 hours per week Monday – Friday, between 08:00 – 18:00 (on a rota basis).
What we need from you
- Take ownership and responsibility of debt recovery cases
- Solution focussed and driven to achieve the best outcomes for our customers and the business
- Strong telephone presence and negotiation skills
- Operate effectively to achieve targets and provide excellent customer service
- A confident communicator with the resilience to deal with challenging situations.
What we’ll offer you
- A starting salary of £23,000 per year
- 23 days holidays (plus public holidays and increasing with service) and as we close between Christmas and New Year, we give you another 3 days bonus!
- The chance to buy or sell additional leave
- £250 in vouchers as part of our colleague referral scheme
- Ongoing support for your wellbeing
- Flexible benefits with some really exciting options which you can find out more about here!
Please note the first stage of the interview process will be a telephone interview