1 day left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Senior Caretaker, your ability to deputise for the Caretaking Team Manager when required could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Senior Caretaker, you will be responsible for leading and motivating Caretakers and Environmental Assistants in taking care of the external and internal cleaning of designated areas.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- To participate actively in, and to lead and coordinate Caretakers and Environment Assistants in the following roles:
- To fulfil schedules and achieve cleaning standards, for both internal and external communal spaces.
- The removal of lumber, fly-tipping or items left in communal areas to an appropriate area - including loading onto a vehicle and driving to a storage or disposal site.
- Tasks pursuant to the Clear Corridors policy
- Sweeping and cleaning internal and external areas on a scheduled and reactive basis using appropriate materials and equipment
- Actively collaborate with other Lewisham Homes employees and partner organisations to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the service for the benefit of customers
- Report defects and request repairs to communal areas, using appropriate means or as identified by managers or supervisors
- Identify and report any welfare or safeguarding concerns about vulnerable residents
- Identify and report nuisance, anti-social behavior or criminal behaviour and provide evidence to support enforcement action – including the provision of information on individuals and actively looking for evidence in dumped rubbish and providing witness statements
- Look after and use appropriate uniform and personal protective equipment
- Provide monitoring information and report as required
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
Closing date: Tuesday 27th July 2021 at 23:59
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 2nd August 2021
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website