Customer Support Officer
2 days left
- Organisation Type
- Council owned company
Job Title: Customer Support Officer
Term: Fixed Term - 12 Months
The Barnet Group is currently seeking to recruit a Customer Support Officer who will be responsible for providing high quality administrative support to teams within the Housing Options Service.
The Housing Options Service at Barnet Homes is at the frontline of homelessness in Barnet, providing housing and homelessness advice. A key function of the Customer Support Officer role is to carry out pre-appointment checks, advice and support by phone, face to face or via digital correspondence.
The Customer Support Officer will also provide comprehensive administrative support to ensure we can deliver a streamlined and effective service.
The post holder will need to provide a high standard of customer service and utilise strong communication skills both face to face and over the telephone with clients. The role will report into the Customer Ready Manager and will work closely with other staff and teams within the service.
We are looking for someone who has the following skills and attributes:
- Experience of working in project teams and/or delivering projects within a public-sector environment.
- Experience of collating and analysing data
- Experience of writing reports and presenting information
- An awareness of social housing and relevant government agendas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to engage effectively with a diverse range of audiences, and convey complex information in a straightforward way in a courteous and professional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence people to achieve effective outcomes
- Ability to cultivate productive working relationships and networks, liaising effectively with other agencies, providers, other service areas within Barnet Homes and voluntary groups
- The ability to constructively challenge in the workplace – but to also overcome obstacles and proactively find solutions.
- The ability to present data and information in a clear and effective manner
- Excellent IT skills encompassing:
- Data manipulation and analysis
- Full range of Microsoft systems, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Report writing and data extraction
- Ability to prioritise well with a challenging workload, particularly to ensure the most urgent matters are dealt with appropriately
- Ability to work highly effectively and flexibly as part of a team and to support colleagues, including managers, within a team
- Ability to operate effectively in a changing environment, to develop and acquire new skills and knowledge
Currently the Housing Options Service is located at 3 Bristol Avenue, London, NW9 4EW
Benefits for TBG Flex:
You will receive a Flexible benefit allowance of 5% of your base salary. Flexible benefits are hosted by AON and will allow you to choose from a variety of benefits.
Closing date: 28 July, 11:59pm
Interview date: TBC