Digital Project Managers
Are you passionate about delivering customer and colleague digital solutions? Do you know how to communicate, engage and work collaboratively with colleagues ensuring you are focussed on delivering a great user experience to our range of users? Then please read on!
We have a large portfolio of digital solutions that we are rolling out on our journey to becoming a ‘Connected SHG’ – the digital strategy vision for Southern Housing Group. As a result of this, we're looking for two Digital Project Managers on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Digital Project Manager, you will need to deliver off the shelf and bespoke web applications (including Microsoft Stack) through predominantly an Agile delivery approach (but with an understanding of hybrid/Waterfall approaches too). You will be focused on delivering digital solutions in collaboration with our service design team to ensure a user centred approach to project delivery.
Reporting to our Digital Delivery Manager, you will work collaboratively with various teams across Digital Delivery, IT Operations and the business, to ensure you deliver effectively. You will understand the product roadmap for each project you deliver, and how this can best be delivered to the end users. You will work closely with our Service Designers, Product Owners, and where relevant our Technology Solutions team to ensure projects are delivered to time, budget, and specification.
The role will involve leading (where relevant) on project tenders and supplier selection. You will manage the commercial profile for your project/s robustly, and ensure suitable project plans, RAIDs, RASCIs and other project documentation are in place, and aligning with our Digital Delivery Framework and Gateway process.
Your role will be pivotal for implementing change, working closely with our Digital Change manger and their team of Product owners to ensure effective end user adoption and communication. You will be a confident communicator who can work collaboratively with teams across the Group.
To thrive in this role, you need to be a strong leader with a focus on Agile ways of working, and end user needs. You will be passionate about delivering digital solutions to make things better for both our customers and colleagues.
There is an opportunity to include a cover letter with your application. Please use this opportunity to provide additional information on how you meet the criteria as set out in the person specification, and why you are the best candidate for this role.
We have offices in Horsham, Sussex; Clerkenwell, London; Maidstone, Kent and Newport, Isle of Wight, with most of our digital team based out of the Horsham and London offices. Given the current COVID-19 pandemic, we’re following government guidance in relation to where people work, with many of our staff balancing working from home with working from the office depending on the nature of their role. We are planning a hybrid model of working in the future, allowing staff the flexibility to work from home, but also attend the office as needed for their role.
What we need from you
- Experience of Digital Project Management or being in a similar team
- Strong understanding of user centred design and applying this to project delivery
- A logical and analytical thinker – a problem solver
- Able to prioritise various demands and meet targets
- Ideally holds an industry recognised project management qualification
What we’ll offer you
- A salary of circa £49,000 per year, depending on skills/experience
- 23 days holidays (plus public holidays) and as we close between Christmas and New Year, we give you another 3 days!
- The chance to buy or sell additional leave
- £250 in vouchers as part of our colleague referral scheme
- Ongoing support for your wellbeing
- An inclusive environment where it’s OK to be you!
- Flexible benefits with some really exciting options which you can find out more about here!
Why work for Southern Housing Group?
There’s never been a better time to join Southern Housing Group. You’ll be part of a dynamic team within a flexible and innovative organisation who are stable and independent, which is crucial during these unprecedented times. Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from people of any background who can bring an array of experience, skills and culture to our business, making us stronger and united. We celebrate our diversity and offer a safe environment where you can feel comfortable to truly be yourself. We’re proud to be part of various networks including BAME, The Women’s Network, PRISM – we’re also a Stonewall Diversity Champion, allowing those from within the LGBTQA+ community to feel empowered to express themselves freely without prejudice.
- What we do – We're a charitable business with social objectives, and customer service is at the heart of our business. We're proud of our reputation as a financially strong, stable, and independent housing provider. Every penny we make is reinvested in new homes, improving our services, and helping transform people’s lives.
- What we offer – We offer career progression, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits. We support and train our staff to excel as they develop their careers.
- Diversity & Inclusion – Southern Housing Group is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse community at large. Please note that in order to be considered for these opportunities you must have the right to work in the UK. Our roles may require travel between our various offices.
- Values – We are a values led organisation, and our principles resonate throughout the heartbeat of the company. Our values are Working Together, Getting Things Done and Doing the Right Thing.
As a Disability Confident employer with disabled-friendly offices and remote working opportunities, we actively encourage everyone to come and work for us, regardless of any form of disability. As such, we’ll happily make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you, should you need it. If you need additional support with your application due a disability, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
Closing Date: 28th July 2021