Hightown Housing Association is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire providing a wide range of housing and support services for families and single people including people with special needs.
Hightown currently manages almost 7,500 homes and employs over 1000 staff. The housing association has an annual turnover of £90million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for an Assistant Manager at a supported living service for people with learning disabilities and mental health problems in Bracknell. We are lookingfor a caring, enthusiastic person who enjoys helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
Your role as an Assistant Manager will support the management team to ensure the homes run smoothly on a day-to-day basis and you will be involved in moving the service forwards and developing new ideas. You will help provide supervision, coaching and support and take a hands on approach to care and support management.
You will be passionate and driven with the desire to provide high quality, person centred services. You will have experience in the delivery of care and/or support services to vulnerable adults and will ideally have experience of supervising staff.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone aspiring to develop a career in management.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
All applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- £26,034 pa for a 37.5hour a week contract plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell