Financial Transaction Manager
3 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward.
Our vision for this role
We’re looking for the right person to help us achieve our vision to be a high performing financial transaction team. You will lead our accounts payable and accounts receivable service to deliver a high-quality service to internal and external customers.
To help us achieve this vision we are looking for an expert with significant knowledge of core transactional process to join us.
You will be working directly with our Head of Income Management, your work will personally contribute to the overall operation of Origin, our operational plans for income management and the organisations financial planning and viability.
You will deliver on this integral role in our organisation through both management of a Financial Transaction Team as well as part of the Income Management department team.
Looking after a team of financial transaction professionals you’ll be an experienced leader who can not only inspire, coach and develop but you’ll also help them to follow the correct process in line with own procedures.
Our Financial Transaction team strives for performance and improvement. You will lead a team to develop and deliver our initiatives and projects to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
What you’ll do
This is a rewarding and exciting position – You will manage a team to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the accounts payable and accounts receivable ledgers, reconciliations, controls and reporting. You will be responsible for team management duties including performance reviews, training and development to ensure the service delivers against our corporate goals and ambitions. Ideally you will have worked in a similar capacity previously.
At a glance you:
- Lead the operation performance of the financial transaction services with responsibility for the overall effectiveness of accounts payable and receivable service.
- Be responsible for setting targets within your team at a corporate and individual level
- Will evaluate and manage performance to ensure staff goals and the wider department objectives are exceeded.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the business to ensure end-to-end processes work effortlessly, and build a culture of one team, putting the customer at the heart of service delivery.
- Will develop, implement and monitor tactical and strategic plans for improving financial transactions.
- Will take the lead in specific projects to delivered improved performance and efficiency levels, ensuring staff are engaged, motivated and invested.
- Will review, develop and implement comprehensive policies and procedures to support those involved in financial transaction, ensuring that we fully comply with legislation and regulatory requirements
- Will identify and manage any risk associated with the service and manage the team budget, including budget setting, forecasting and monitoring.
What you’ll need
- You will need proven experience in a managerial role leading both AP and AR teams.
- You will need to demonstrate your experience of leading a team through periods of change ensuring they remain motivated, inspired and engaged.
- You’ll need to demonstrate a track record in driving efficiencies, improving processes, and change management.
- You will need to demonstrate your ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, pressured environment and have excellent organisation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You will be innovative and be able to develop long term strategies for improving the service.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role above. To find out more about us simply visit www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you. We offer:
- Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
- Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
- An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
- A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend
- An Awards recognition scheme that champions individual achievement
Closing date: 1 August 2021
Apply for Financial Transaction Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford
- Corporate Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford
- Administration Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford
- Finance Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford