Are you an Electrician with experience of working with repairs, maintenance, and inspections? Then this could be the role for you!
Working within the Southern Maintenance Services Team, you will be responsible for providing a high-quality repairs at our residential properties plus maintenance and various inspections across your patch.
This is a full time, permanent vacancy covering East London, South East London and Essex.
You will cover a patch covering in your own modern company van and you will be provided with new tools and equipment. You will be expected to work a 40-hour week between Monday – Friday with an additional opportunity to complete callouts at very competitive pay rates to boost your income.
You will visit a variety of our residents across various schemes, and no 2 days will look the same. Your day to day responsibilities as an Electrician will involve visiting residents in their homes and carrying out minor repairs in an effective and efficient manner. As an Electrician you will be required to create good rapport with residents and advise on the best possible way to do so with minimal disruption.
You will be responsible for undertaking day to day repairs and maintenance including inspections, testing & certification of electrical installations. You will have experience of Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR’s) and you will need Electrical Inspection and Testing (2391) or equivalent qualification.
You will be self-motivated and manage your tasks independently whilst being part of a fantastic team called Southern Maintenance Service.
As an Electrician for Southern Housing Group you will be professional, polite and courteous to instil confidence and have credibility with residents. It is imperative that the successful applicant has great communication skills.
At Southern Housing Group we are keen to see our staff reach their full potential so we will fund training and courses to ensure you can achieve career progression in line with your development plan.
For your hard work you will receive a base salary of £30,000. However, our Electricians can earn additional earnings from callouts, price work and overtime. This is on average an additional £15,000 OTE per annum (2020 – 2021 figures).
What we need from you
• A full driving licence required - a vehicle will be provided
• Good knowledge / awareness of Health and Safety Issues
• Ability to organise workload in a methodical way for maximum effectiveness and efficiency
• Communication skills – listening, openness and responsiveness to all customer and client situations
• Ability to be proactive and take initiative
• Be self-motivated
• Be honest, trustworthy and conscientious
• Team working
• Commitment to equal opportunities
What we’ll offer you
- £30,000 base salary with total OTE in excess of £45,000 per annum.
- 23 days holidays plus public holidays. Rising with length of service.
- The ability to carry over annual leave and buy extra leave
- Flexible working
- A great pension scheme
- Access to various discount cards
- Cash claim-back on medical treatments
- Employee referral scheme
- Travel to work loan
- Discounted rates on a cycle scheme, personal medical plans, life assurance, give as you earn, critical illness and travel insurance
- As an employer, we offer flexible working options to our colleagues as we recognise the importance of a good work/life balance
- More information can be found on our careers page – https://www.shgroup.org.uk/about-us/build-your-career-with-us/
Why work for Southern Housing Group?
- What we do – We're a charitable business with social objectives, and customer service is at the heart of our business. We're proud of our reputation as a financially strong, stable, and independent housing provider. Every penny we make is reinvested in new homes, improving our services, and helping transform people’s lives.
- What we offer – We offer career progression, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits. We support and train our staff to excel as they develop their careers.
- Diversity & Inclusion – Southern Housing Group is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse community at large. Please note that in order to be considered for these opportunities you must have the right to work in the UK. Our roles may require travel between our various offices.
- Values – We are a values led organisation, and our principles resonate throughout the heartbeat of the company. Our values are Working Together, Getting Things Done and Doing the Right Thing.
As a Disability Confident employer with disabled-friendly offices and remote working opportunities, we actively encourage everyone to come and work for us, regardless of any form of disability. As such, we’ll happily make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you, should you need it. If you need additional support with your application due a disability, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
There’s never been a better time to join Southern Housing Group. You’ll be part of a dynamic team within a flexible and innovative organisation who are stable and independent, which is crucial during these unprecedented times. Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from people of any background who can bring an array of experience, skills and culture to our business, making us stronger and united. We celebrate our diversity and offer a safe environment where you can feel comfortable to truly be yourself. We’re proud to be part of various networks including BAME, The Women’s Network, PRISM – we’re also a Stonewall Diversity Champion, allowing those from within the LGBTQA+ community to feel empowered to express themselves freely without prejudice.
Southern Housing Group is one of the largest housing associations in southern England and has a well-established reputation as a successful business with social objectives. The Group provides a housing management service to a range of tenures including social rent, affordable rent, shared ownership and outright sales.
We provide housing services to more than 70,000 customers who live in our almost 30,000 properties. With circa 1,000 employees, we’re an organisation that’s going places.
We are a member of the G15, which represents London's 15 largest housing associations. The G15 houses one in ten Londoners and builds a quarter of London's new homes.
Southern Housing Group won the “Housing Association of the Year” award at the WhatHouse? Awards 2018. The Group also won the award for “2018 Best Large Development” at the National Housing Awards for our development at Bow River Village.
Closing Date: Sunday 25th July 2021