bpha are a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
We work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 housing association developers in the country, we are committed to providing quality repair and maintenance services to our Residents. Our amazing hard-working team make sure our properties are maintained to the highest standard, whilst ensuring our homes meet the needs of our Residents.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to manage the Asbestos and Legionella programmes to act as a single point of contact for the management of planned and cyclical maintenance work. The main purpose of this role is to ensure that we discharge the legislative and regulatory duties in relation to Asbestos and Legionella, ensuring legislation, guidance and best practice are followed, keeping our customers, contractors and staff safe.
What you will be doing:
● Appraising trends in repair and maintenance expenditure, reviewing planned maintenance strategies to respond to such requirements
● Ensuring that maintenance and cyclical work programmes, health and safety regulation activities are planned, and performance targets known before the start of each contractual year to enable the measurement of performance
● Ensuring that scopes of work and estimates are available to be submitted in support of budget approval
● Planning asset compliance projects and work programmes and identifying performance targets before the start of each project
● Planning, coordinating and managing all works with due regard to our contractual obligations
● Attending and chairing contractor performance meetings, including using KPI data to measure contractual performance.
● Ensuring that data for all completed works is recorded, checked and available for upload to the asset management system
● Customer focused, reporting and communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
● Demonstrating excellent customer care skills and our core values including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We’d love to meet someone with:
● Experience of strong contract management skills, within an Asbestos and Legionella environment
● Industry recognised qualifications in Asbestos and Legionella
● Sound knowledge of residential maintenance and refurbishment and asset compliance
● Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues affecting residential properties (e.g. - asbestos, electrical, gas, lifts, water, hygiene) along with an understanding of construction health and safety legislation (including CDM 2015)
● Experience of managing budgets
● Professional self-improvement goals. Identifying and arranging relevant courses (e.g. CPD) in the industry suitable for themselves and other business personnel
Amongst what we offer you is:
- A competitive salary of £44,000
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Free life assurance
- Access to an extensive suite of wellbeing services and tools including a digital gym
- Opportunities for learning and development
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
Previous applicants need not apply.
The successful candidate will need to complete a basic DBS application.
Closing date Sunday 1st August.
Interviews will be held Tuesday 10th and Thursday 12th August.
We reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that we have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.