Are you a people-person with a passion for delivering a great customer experience? Are you super organised, self-motivated and able to work well in a fast-paced environment?
If so, you may be interested in our opening for a Recruitment Assistant on a full-time, permanent basis working 35 hours per week.
There’s never been a better time to join Southern Housing Group. You’ll be part of a dynamic team within a flexible and innovative organisation who are stable and independent, which is crucial during these unprecedented times. Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from people of any background who can bring an array of experience, skills and culture to our business, making us stronger and united. We celebrate our diversity and offer a safe environment where you can feel comfortable to truly be yourself. We’re proud to be part of various networks including BAME, The Women’s Network, PRISM – we’re also a Stonewall Diversity Champion, allowing those from within the LGBTQA+ community to feel empowered to express themselves freely without prejudice.
Whilst you'll be contractually based in Farringdon, the buzzing yet cultural area of London which is centrally located and easy to access via various means of transport, we offer the flexibility for agile working to allow you to work from home and so we’ll provide you with the necessary mobile working equipment. We'd also like you to join the rest of the team in Horsham one day per week for collaborative working and social interaction!
As a Recruitment Assistant, you’ll work as part of our close-knit team providing assistance across a variety of administrative tasks, enabling the Recruitment Advisors to proactively source fantastic candidates for our vacancies. You’ll be the first point of contact into the Recruitment team, handling queries from hiring managers, colleagues and external customers; you’ll have responsibility for organising the shared email inbox and responding to general queries within our SLA’s. Using your multi-tasking skills and strong attention to detail, you’ll post vacancies on our website and other platforms (job boards and social media to include Facebook), schedule interviews and process offers for successful candidates – this can be very fast-paced so you’ll respond well to juggling and prioritising tasks. You’ll also maintain databases, process invoices/raise PO's, produce reports and have involvement in the temp worker/contractor process.
What we need from you
- Strong administrative skills, preferably from an HR or Recruitment background
- A general understanding of recruitment processes, with a genuine interest of working within an in-house recruitment function
- IT literate with the ability to pick up new systems quickly
- A fast learner who’s able to work using initiative with minimal supervision
- Good attention to detail, especially when working at pace
- Willing to learn and develop within your career
There is an opportunity to include a cover letter with your application. Please use this opportunity to provide additional information on how you meet the criteria as set out in the person specification, and why you are the best candidate for this role.
What we’ll offer you
- A salary of circa £25,000 per year depending on skills and experience
- 23 days holidays (plus public holidays) and as we close between Christmas and New Year, we give you another 3 days!
- The chance to buy or sell additional leave
- £250 in vouchers as part of our colleague referral scheme
- Ongoing support for your wellbeing
- An inclusive environment where it’s OK to be you!
- Flexible benefits with some really exciting options which you can find out more about here!
As a Disability Confident employer with disabled-friendly offices and remote working opportunities, we actively encourage everyone to come and work for us, regardless of any form of disability. As such, we’ll happily make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you, should you need it. If you need additional support with your application due a disability, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
Closing Date: 25th July 2021