Complaints Resolution Officer
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward.
We describe this new approach as NWOW: New Ways of Working. NWOW is about meeting business outcomes, you’ll enjoy greater autonomy over how you deliver your role, how you manage outputs and when you spend time at work, allowing you to benefit from any productivity gains in the course of delivering your role.
This shift in culture will be built on a mature and mutual relationship of trust between managers and yourselves, ensuring we live up to one of our key values of Build Trust. By working with this new relationship model we can aim toward focusing on ‘outputs’ and not ‘outcomes’. Space is allocated to ‘activities’ and not ‘individuals’ by providing a range of flexible working options that benefit both customers and staff. As a result your work can takes place at the most effective location and at the most effective time. Put simply, flexibility becomes the norm rather than the exception. This is the new Origin Housing way of working.
Our vision for this role
To deliver a fantastic experience for customers who have made a complaint by leading on complaints resolution from start to finish, communicating regularly with the customer throughout.
To drive customer satisfaction with complaints handling and customer satisfaction with Origin by delivering performance information and service improvements that matter most to our customers.
To role model for Origin what customer resolution means and working collaboratively with colleagues across Origin to drive successful complaints resolution. Support the Customer Resolution Team in delivering first point of contact resolution for all customer contact
What you’ll do
Implement our Complaints Resolution Policy and Procedure, including to:
- Record, log and lead on the resolution of all customer issues received
- Support business areas with administering complaints on CRM Dynamics
- Producing statistical data for business areas.
- Communicate effectively with the customer throughout the complaint
- Resolve the complaint
- Administrate escalations and Housing Ombudsman involvement in line with our policy
- Deliver regular business wide training on the Resolution Policy and Procedure
What you’ll need
• You will have at least 2 years of Complaints Handling experience
• Ability to work independently and resolve complaints proactively
• Experience of having achieved/exceeded team and individual KPIS
• Strong written skills producing comprehensive resolution outcome letters
• Ability to learn quickly within a complex and fast paced, changing environment
• Good attention to detail and the ability to process information quickly
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role above. To find out more about us simply visit www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you. We offer:
- Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
- Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
- An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
- A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend
- An Awards recognition scheme that champions individual achievement
See our new benefits portal where you can select the options that suit your lifestyle.
Download Job Specification
Closing date: 25/07/2021
Interview and assessment date: 30/07/2021