Are you an experienced surveyor who is able provide a customer focused service? If so, you may be interested in our opening for a Surveyor working within a patch covering Berkshire & Surrey for a 12 month fixed term contract.
Do you feel that you could add value for our customer’s lives by ensuring their repairs are carried out and completed as you would expect, achieving value for money and a satisfactory standard?
Being part of our team will mean you can be dynamic and make our customers feel valued. If you think you can ‘measure up’ and ‘raise the roof to meet our standards’ then please apply, you may be the right specification for this role.
You will work 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 7 hours per day.
We are looking for a surveyor with technical knowledge in building maintenance and repairs and contractor management. You will be able to diagnose and specify works to ensure our buildings are kept up to standard and that our customer’s homes remain safe and secure and comfortable. If this is you, then we look forward in receiving an application from you.
You should be able to manage reactive repairs and voids along with fire safety works in a patch of approximately 2,500 homes. You will have technical experience, preferably with a housing background and demonstrate a passion for delivering great customer service and are driven to get things done.
This is a fixed term contract for 12 months. As you will be a field worker, covering a patch in Berkshire & Surrey, the ideal candidate would have their own transportation and live close to this geographical area.
There is an opportunity to include a cover letter with your application. Please use this opportunity to provide additional information on how you meet the criteria as set out in the person specification, and why you are the best candidate for this role.
What we’ll offer you
- A salary of circa £40,000 per year, depending on skills/experience
- 23 days holidays (plus public holidays) pro rata
- The chance to buy or sell additional leave
- £250 in vouchers as part of our colleague referral scheme
- Ongoing support for your wellbeing
- An inclusive environment where it’s OK to be you!
- Flexible benefits with some really exciting options which you can find out more about here!
Why work for Southern Housing Group?
There’s never been a better time to join Southern Housing Group. You’ll be part of a dynamic team within a flexible and innovative organisation who are stable and independent, which is crucial during these unprecedented times. Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from people of any background who can bring an array of experience, skills and culture to our business, making us stronger and united. We celebrate our diversity and offer a safe environment where you can feel comfortable to truly be yourself. We’re proud to be part of various networks including BAME, The Women’s Network, PRISM – we’re also a Stonewall Diversity Champion, allowing those from within the LGBTQA+ community to feel empowered to express themselves freely without prejudice.
- What we do – We're a charitable business with social objectives, and customer service is at the heart of our business. We're proud of our reputation as a financially strong, stable, and independent housing provider. Every penny we make is reinvested in new homes, improving our services, and helping transform people’s lives.
- What we offer – We offer career progression, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits. We support and train our staff to excel as they develop their careers.
- Diversity & Inclusion – Southern Housing Group is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse community at large. Please note that in order to be considered for these opportunities you must have the right to work in the UK. Our roles may require travel between our various offices.
- Values – We are a values led organisation, and our principles resonate throughout the heartbeat of the company. Our values are Working Together, Getting Things Done and Doing the Right Thing.
Southern Housing Group is one of the largest housing associations in southern England and has a well-established reputation as a successful business with social objectives. The Group provides a housing management service to a range of tenures including social rent, affordable rent, shared ownership and outright sales.
We provide housing services to more than 70,000 customers who live in our almost 30,000 properties. With circa 1,000 employees, we’re an organisation that’s going places.
We are a member of the G15, which represents London's 15 largest housing associations. The G15 houses one in ten Londoners and builds a quarter of London's new homes.
Southern Housing Group won the “Housing Association of the Year” award at the WhatHouse? Awards 2018. The Group also won the award for “2018 Best Large Development” at the National Housing Awards for our development at Bow River Village.
As a Disability Confident employer with disabled-friendly offices and remote working opportunities, we actively encourage everyone to come and work for us, regardless of any form of disability. As such, we’ll happily make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you, should you need it. If you need additional support with your application due a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
Closing Date: Sunday 8th August 2021