Safeguarding and Tenancy Sustainment Lead
At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Safeguarding and Tenancy Sustainment Lead, you will have a real impact on people’s lives by being the main contact for safeguarding and tenancy sustainment at Lewisham Homes.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Safeguarding and Tenancy Sustainment Lead, you will be responsible for ensuring that Lewisham Homes provide an excellent, person-centred response to safeguarding and tenancy sustainment concerns.
If successful, the main duties of your role will be:
- To be the main contact for safeguarding and tenancy sustainment at Lewisham Homes for internal staff and external agencies. Provide advice on our policies and referral arrangements. Ensure safeguarding concerns are dealt with appropriately and promptly. Allocate casework and tasks around safeguarding and welfare concerns.
- To develop and maintain effective collaborative working with partner organisations, ensuring vulnerable residents receive high quality support services, are supported to sustain their tenancies, live independently and access our services.
- Be the key contact for adult and children’s Safeguarding issues. Attend Safeguarding Boards and sub-groups regularly, representing Lewisham Homes’ interests as well as housing interests in general in the borough.
- Continue to develop Lewisham Homes’ risk rating system for tenancy sustainment, understanding outcomes and measuring success. Identify changes to our approach to improve outcomes for residents.
- Promote safeguarding awareness and best practice across the organisation, ensuring staff know the appropriate action to take to support residents. Work with Lewisham Homes’ Learning and Development Team to ensure training is relevant and up-to-date. Identify staff training needs, and find or deliver suitable training and refreshers as required.
- Give person-centred practical advice to staff on case management of safeguarding, and hoarding cases. Provide information and support on a wide range of issues including; housing, health, benefits advice, life skills and any other identified support needs. Ensure staff are able to signpost residents to relevant agencies where we are unable to meet support needs in house.
- To maintain effective logging, tracking, and monitoring of cases. Provide statistical data on referrals and casework, providing regular reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- To monitor and audit cases on the Capita systems, to ensure the data on vulnerable residents is adequate and accessible.
- Be responsible for arranging and facilitating the Internal Safeguarding Panel. Proactively identify safeguarding and tenancy sustainment cases where a multiagency approach would be beneficial, and arrange and chair professionals meetings as needed.
- Research, assess, and communicate the impact of changes to best practice, policy and legislation affecting Lewisham Homes’ vulnerability, safeguarding and tenancy sustainment work and make recommendations.
- Attend meetings out of regular working hours if required and present reports, give verbal updates and offer advice and respond to any enquiries
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
Closing date: Sunday 1st August 2021
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 9th August 2021
Please note this is a 7 month Fixed Term Contract.
This role is currently agile working with some days being office based.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)
- Tenant services Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)
- Tenancy representative Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)