Racing Homes is a registered charity that owns and manages 165 properties across racing centres in the UK. Our portfolio focuses on providing properties for retired and young people (16-24), providing both sheltered and general needs housing. Racing Homes also offers an advice and support service those working or retired from the racing and breeding industries. Racing Homes aims to follow the very best practice in social housing, providing high-quality accommodation and support whilst charging rent at social rent levels.
We are seeking a Head of Housing on a 12 month contract to cover maternity leave to lead it’s high-performing and dynamic Housing team. Forming part of the charity’s senior management team, this is a key role in the organisation which would suit a progressive and highly motivated individual to help Racing Homes achieve its ambitious plans for the future.
As Head of Housing you will report at board level, attending Trustee meetings throughout the year. You will be responsible for leading on all aspects of housing management, including the implementation and delivery of an effective, value for money and tenant-focused housing management service, ensuring compliance with all health and safety legislation and regulatory requirements.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Participate within the Senior Management Team in forward planning and the effective daily organisation of Racing Homes’ activities;
- Ensure housing management policies, procedures, systems and codes of practice are relevant and up to date to ensure full compliance with internal standards and regulatory requirements;
- To be responsible for the implementation and performance monitoring of outsourced services;
- To develop and promote meaningful customer engagement mechanisms and tenant satisfaction;
- Implement a performance management framework in order to monitor and benchmark the effective delivery of the housing service to the required standard within budgetary targets.
- Developing and maintaining a network of external contacts to ensure the assets are maintained to Racing Homes’ high standards.
You will need:
- demonstrable experience of the provision of housing and asset management services within the social housing sector;
- knowledge of relevant legislation and current thinking on best practice in all relevant areas;
- to be a motivational leading and people manager;
- experience of managing budgets, both income and expenditure;
- to hold membership of an appropriate professional body.
The role is based in our Newmarket office with flexibility to work from home if desired, although some travelling should be expected across the UK including some evening and weekend work.
If you wish to play a pivotal role in the future of Racing Welfare, please submit your covering letter and CV. Closing date for applications is 28 July 2021.
Racing Welfare is committed to safeguarding and will always recruit all personnel in line with government guidelines, relevant legislation, and the Charity Commission's best practice guidance.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore applicants are required to declare:
- All unspent convictions and conditional cautions
- All spent convictions and adult cautions that are not protected (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2020).
Racing Welfare is an equal opportunities employer.