The United Welsh Group is seeking a proactive and strategic thinker to work closely with our leadership team in this Group wide expert role.
You will have an acute awareness of the importance of keeping people safe in their homes and ensuring that our homes are fit for the future. With a keen eye for detail, you will have the drive to develop and implement the Association’s asset management strategy.
Our aim is to make a difference, by creating and maintaining communities and homes that enhance peoples’ lives. Considering future generations and the environment is key in all that we do.
Are you someone who is passionate about sustainability and driving low carbon/zero carbon initiatives in relation to the built environment? Do you enjoy collaborating with a network of people to achieve great things? Do you understand how to manage and mitigate risks?
If so, this could be the role for you!
Location: We have a flexible approach to work location and will expect you to make choices based on effective service delivery needs and in line with our carbon reduction aspirations. Choices will include working from home, from our offices in Caerphilly or from other appropriate locations.
United Welsh is a registered social landlord operating under charitable rules. We are passionate about building homes, creating communities and transforming lives and we employ over 300 people. We manage almost 6,000 homes across 11 local authorities and we have a new building programme that is worth around £35m each year.
Benefits of Working with Us
If you join us, we want you to take advantage of the great range of benefits we offer, which include:
- 30 days annual leave + bank holidays
- An additional 2 gifted days to be taken during the office closure over the festive period
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Flexible working
- Home working
- Entitled to half a day’s leave under the ‘School Starter Scheme’
- Free fruit, fresh filtered water, tea and coffee machine within our offices
- Free eye tests at Specsavers and we contribute towards the cost of prescription glasses
- We are a member of the Social Housing Pension Scheme. There is an opportunity for employees to join either: The Defined Contribution Scheme or the Defined Benefit Scheme.
- Learning and Development: Our goal is to continue to invest in creating a strong learning culture. For us, learning is not a scheduled event; it is a continuous process seen as the path to excellence in your field. Learning is accessible in a range of formats such as training courses, coaching, mentoring, placements, secondments and more.
- As a testament to our approach and genuine commitment to learning, United Welsh holds the Investors in People Gold Award.
NOTE – The benefits described above may vary depending on the location and nature of the role at United Welsh.
Please find attached the full job description and criteria for the role.