7 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a part time Support Worke r(37.5hours per week)at our homeless service, Ardenham House, in Aylesbury.
The scheme is commissioned to provide a first stage accommodation for 9 individuals who are currently street homeless. The focus of the service is to provide the required support and advice to equip the clients with the skills to maintain a tenancy and for those you support to look for permanent housing, employment and bring a focus back to their lives within a safe environment.
As a support worker you will be responsible for assessing individual need and developing agreed support plans to ensure we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs and supports their aspirations. You will also be required to follow risk assessments as well as contribute to risk management planning.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of providing support to vulnerable people
- Provided advice, guidance and support to homeless individuals
- Positively engage with and sustain appropriate relationships with individuals who are often unwilling to engage with services
- Deliver practical housing related support through structured link work
- Work on own initiative and as a part of a team
- Act calmly and respond professionally in stressful and difficult situations
- Work predominately 10am to 6pm shifts over a 7-day period (to be agreed)
We welcome applications from people who have experienced homelessness.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £22,095 pa
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory right to work, enhanced DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury