Our client is one of the leading providers of affordable housing in the South East, managing nearly 15,000 homes across 34 local authority areas in the Home Counties and North and West London.
To help achieve targets of delivering 600 new homes each year they are looking for an experienced Development Manager to take the lead on all development projects and ensure schemes are delivered on time, within budget and meet quality and compliance standards. Home working is an option but you will need your own car to attend site visits and meetings at the head office in Buckinghamshire.
• Project manage a portfolio of development projects from inception to completion.
• Work closely with Technical Managers, Land team, Sales team and Senior Site Inspectors to manage the project delivery.
• Manage costs of the projects and ensure they remain within budget.
• Manage handover to deliver homes to Sales, Housing and Operations upon completion.
• Ensure compliance to all health and safety regulations.
• Work closely with the Employers Agents and Clerk of Works in delivering the projects.
• Ensure that CDM and Principal Designer obligations are completed.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in a development / project management / contract management role, ideally within social housing or for a new build development company
- Recognised qualification (degree level or equivalent in a construction related discipline)
- Membership of relevant professional body (CIOB, RICS etc.)
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Demonstrable understanding of the development process and property and contract law.
- An experienced commercial approach to managing contracts with third parties.
- Experience of project management and construction contracts.
- Driving licence and the ability to travel to sites across the South East.
How To Apply
Please email your CV and details of your development experience in particular your experience in:
- main and sub-contractor procurement and management
- property and contract law, including your experience in obtaining planning permission
- development appraisal methodology and how you monitored the financial performance of your development projects
As this role is required urgently we are looking to appoint as soon as we find a suitable candidate so please don’t delay with your application.
If you would like a confidential discussion about the opportunity or you have any questions about the role please contact Phil Foster on 023 8000 1153.
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.